Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyBoy

Living In Istanbul Compared To Other Cities

Rate this topic

I'm not surprised.

No, you would expect a breakdown of the various categories.

Ah, well discovered Sam. Thanks.

Thanks Clinky. I was using IE, when I looked at the link it just gave the list of different categories and percentages and couldn't see the + signs anywhere. It was only when I viewed it using Windows 7 that I could see what you meant. Should have thought of that earlier. Still better late than never I guess.

Few things crop up here.

I have never seen a pair of Levi 501's for the (average) price of 142tl in Istanbul. Also I would also question the origins of most clothes in Istanbul.

As usual the expensive stuff in Turkey, is the electrical stuff.

Not sure where they got some of these figures from. I always find better deals on health and beauty products in the UK, mainly due to offers like buy one get one free which don't seem to exist in Turkey. Also, does a cocktail in London really cost £9.18?

When I used to live in the UK, you could get crates of beer from the supermarket for significantly cheaper than the price of buying one beer. Does that not happen anymore? In Turkey it doesn't seem to matter how many you buy, they're still 4TL each (ouch, gone up a lot).