Sign in to follow this  
randomguy

Possible To Marry A Religious Turkish Women Being A Foreigner Muslim? (Would Appreciate Response From Turkish Women Only Please, Thank You)

Rate this topic

In your earlier posts you were talking of buying a place in an upmarket area!

Yes, InshaAllah I will, specifically in Etiler, that is truly a place I would love to have a crib in, but i figured it'll be most wise of me to not rush into buying a place. Since I'll be staying in Istanbul for a couple of months, might as well take a short term rental apartment and during my stay keep looking for a nice apartment. That way, Ill get a little more time to choose a place to my liking :)@TaterTot - awaiting reply :P Sorry, I am making you write so much, in no time you'll become a professional writer if you already aren't one :P

I think you should take the plunge and buy real estate if you can afford it! I'd also try to set up where you live one month in Istanbul every quarter. That way, you'd be able to rent out your furnished place like my retired parents do down in Florida! Posted Image But that's just me!

And one month a quarter would be a great compromise, business-wise and personally.

I bet you'd be surprised what becoming a semi-permanent resident would do for your prospects. Posted Image

Actually, I do write professionally. But that's okay. If my efforts result in you finding yourself a wife, you can repay me by inviting me to your wedding!

I'm sorry but I don't agree with buying a place just yet. You need to get to know the area. It might look and seem nice at first sight but you might find drawbacks and if you are only renting it's easier to change areas.

I think you should take the plunge and buy real estate if you can afford it! I'd also try to set up where you live one month in Istanbul every quarter. That way, you'd be able to rent out your furnished place like my retired parents do down in Florida! Posted Image But that's just me!

And one month a quarter would be a great compromise, business-wise and personally.

I bet you'd be surprised what becoming a semi-permanent resident would do for your prospects. Posted Image

Actually, I do write professionally. But that's okay. If my efforts result in you finding yourself a wife, you can repay me by inviting me to your wedding!

I actually understand what you are trying to say, its more of a psychology than anything else, that having a property in a place makes you feel more local and less of a tourist in any country, which is exactly why I shall InshaAllah buy one there, but not just yet, as in I think I should at least look for one for a couple of months before making a decision, and that I can do by renting an apartment. Property or no property, that isn't going to stop me from staying in Turkey from couple of months a year. Btw, would you have any idea of how much would the short - rent would be for a nice studio or 1 bedroom apartment be in Etiler? It'll be nice to have it located close to Bogazici University.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with buying a place just yet. You need to get to know the area. It might look and seem nice at first sight but you might find drawbacks and if you are only renting it's easier to change areas.

That is exactly the reason why I was thinking of getting one for rent initially, and its so much easier to move from one place to another when you rent it out, and the short-term rental, even if its a little more expensive, should not be an issue, i also ask you Sunny, if you can give me an idea of the rent of a nice 1 bedroom apartment in the heart of Etiler. :)

Of course, by all means, don't RUSH into buying a property. One should NEVER do that. I just meant that if you really intend to live there, renting over the long term is throwing away money.I don't know about Turkish real estate at all. I've only bought houses here in the States. The past two times, alhamdulilallah, I've doubled my money! Which is why I highly suggest buying. But you need to do your research and really get to know the market- that's the key. And if you can find an owner that has a rental currently sitting vacant, make them an offer. Sometimes, they just want to unload. But I do realize in Turkey, the properties are handed down from one generation to another, so mortgages are not as much of an issue. But that may not be quite as true in the big cities like Istanbul. Another suggestion is DON'T listen to the agents/banks! Just because you are approved for a certain amount, don't purchase that much. Do the math and only go up to a monthly payment you feel comfortable with. A lot of people in the Sates did NOT do that and THAT'S why our economy is in the crapper. People defaulted, banks ate it and look at us now... Read the fine print. And get a good inspector so you don't buy a lot of problems. Another tip: Three are also certain seasons to buy when sellers are more willing to negociate. Winter is always good because not that many buyers like moving in cold weather.There's a great show here in the States about home buying. One is about interational properties and once time, it featured my husband's home town. I'll try to find a link to it.Good luck with whatever you do!(If you already know this stuff, sorry. Just thought I'd share with you what I learned over the years.)

Here are a couple of links to emlak sites. the first one can be rented short term but the second link is for all rentals in that area. You can get both pages in English.http://www.hurriyete...htFg5n9cX&new=1http://www.sahibinde...&price_max=5000

Of course, by all means, don't RUSH into buying a property. One should NEVER do that. I just meant that if you really intend to live there, renting over the long term is throwing away money.

I don't know about Turkish real estate at all. I've only bought houses here in the States. The past two times, alhamdulilallah, I've doubled my money! Which is why I highly suggest buying. But you need to do your research and really get to know the market- that's the key. And if you can find an owner that has a rental currently sitting vacant, make them an offer. Sometimes, they just want to unload. But I do realize in Turkey, the properties are handed down from one generation to another, so mortgages are not as much of an issue. But that may not be quite as true in the big cities like Istanbul. Another suggestion is DON'T listen to the agents/banks! Just because you are approved for a certain amount, don't purchase that much. Do the math and only go up to a monthly payment you feel comfortable with.

A lot of people in the Sates did NOT do that and THAT'S why our economy is in the crapper. People defaulted, banks ate it and look at us now... Read the fine print. And get a good inspector so you don't buy a lot of problems.

Another tip: Three are also certain seasons to buy when sellers are more willing to negociate. Winter is always good because not that many buyers like moving in cold weather.

There's a great show here in the States about home buying. One is about interational properties and once time, it featured my husband's home town. I'll try to find a link to it.

Good luck with whatever you do!

(If you already know this stuff, sorry. Just thought I'd share with you what I learned over the years.)

Hello TaterTot,

Thank you so much for providing me suggestions on all the essential things to do before purchasing a propery in Istanbul. Btw, our wonderful Sunny provided me two apartment rental webpages earlier and it was of tremendous help. I found nice little 1+1 apartments in Etiler and places nearby for around 3000 TL per month, some even around 2500 TL, and it is so reasonable that I must say I'm a little surprised, so correct me if I am wrong somewhere, maybe it could be for a week. Does these reflect the actual market at the moment?

Here are a couple of links to emlak sites. the first one can be rented short term but the second link is for all rentals in that area. You can get both pages in English.

http://www.hurriyete...htFg5n9cX&new=1

http://www.sahibinde...&price_max=5000

Dear Sunny,

You are one of the best Posted Image (not the best, because TaterTot might get angry and never give me more info Posted Image )

Posted Image Thank you, but I'm just one of many helpful people on this forum and I have the advantage of living in Turkey.

The rentals in the sahibinden website are probably for yearly rentals but you can contact the people and ask if shorter periods are possible. Shorter term would be more expensive than the yearly rental though.

Well, my info is only based upon my experience marrying into a great Turkish family and whatever other wisdome I've picked up over the past 4 decades! My specific experience of Turkish living is limited to only the time I spent in Turkey two summers ago. That's why places like this are such a great help- so many varried points of view and expertise!

Don't worry Sunny- I'm not angry! Posted Image

I think it was a joke TT, but I'm glad you're not angry. Each person has their own strengths and diverse knowledge which help to make it a good/great forum :D

Lol, indeed it was a joke, and you two are the best :) Btw, I didn't get the reply to the most important question yet :P 1. Am i not considering any factor or not understanding the rates on the websites properly, or are real estate rentals really this reasonable in Istanbul. For example. For 3000 TL per month for a 1+1 apartment in Etiler, apartments are available. Is this correct info?

That's what the ads say, but as I said before that is probably for a yearly rental agreement.

Hey guys, sorry for the long gap. I was a little preoccupied with some personal stuff. Anyways, it is time again for me to seek your valuable advice :)Well, right now I am a little confused. I met this girl from Istanbul. She was all sweet and cute. In fact, I have known her long before I even started this thread. Now I am a little confused with her behaviour. Initially we started as friends and now just to give you an idea how how we converse once long ago when I told her I want to come to Istanbul and spend as much time as possible with you, she responded by saying, for that you'll have to marry me my dear. Now, that was long ago, after that we talked of marriage and she would talk about kids and moving to Bangladesh, sometimes she would blow me away with her compliments. But then all of a sudden, poof! she is gone for a week, and she wouldn't reply even if I write something. After that, out of the blue she comes back again, and then off again. I just dont get it, if the feelings weren't mutual, she didn't need to compliment me or talk in such intimate manner with me, but she did, and still does, but all of a sudden, something happens, and she becomes invisible, not that she leaves facebook, but stops contacting me. Now, I am just confused and want to know whether this phenomenon that I am experiencing is common among turkish women or is it luck thats not favoring me? :S

Hi randomguy and welcome. I saw you mentioned in chat that you spend your time between Bangladesh and Dubai, You and Turks may be Muslims but there the difference ends.The culture and lifestyle of Bangladesh and for that matter all Asian countries iare very different to Turkey.

Hey Aston, I know I have responded to this message of yours earlier. But recently I thought of putting my hobby of photography to some use by representing the area I live in Dhaka, Bangladesh to the world in a forum which mainly is obsessed with the development of all the nations. So, I thought I would share some photos of the area that I live in. Thought you might be interested to see pics of a country which you haven't had the chance to experience from street level. Btw, check out the new Istanbul Restaurant that opened in Dhaka. Now we have our own little Bosphorus bridge :P Anyways, hope you like the photos Aston. Cheers. http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1594908

You said "friends" with this woman. Do you mean FB friends? Did you meet her online? Have you ever met her for real?

If it's only been an online thing, you know that the screen puts everything off kilter. She could just be having fun with you online and not really be serious.

Until you actually meet someone in person, it's all just a game/theoretical situation.

Sorry I've only just read your post. She may be playing games to see how keen you are or trying to make you jealous and hopes you think she is with someone else. How old is she, as she doesn't sound very mature? Personally I'd give her a miss.

Hey Aston, I know I have responded to this message of yours earlier. But recently I thought of putting my hobby of photography to some use by representing the area I live in Dhaka, Bangladesh to the world in a forum which mainly is obsessed with the development of all the nations. So, I thought I would share some photos of the area that I live in. Thought you might be interested to see pics of a country which you haven't had the chance to experience from street level. Btw, check out the new Istanbul Restaurant that opened in Dhaka. Now we have our own little Bosphorus bridge Posted Image Anyways, hope you like the photos Aston. Cheers.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1594908

Really nice photos RG and the Istanbul restaurant looks superPosted Image Thank youPosted Image

Whilst your photos show a modern city you forgot to show the slums that are very obvious in fact more than half of of Dhaka's population live in slums and the gap between rice and poor is huge. Nearly four million people live in abject squalor in Dhaka that does not take into consideration those people who live on the streets

On 26 March it will be forty two years since Bangladesh declared the independence yet, the country does not have a comprehensive policy for urban slum residents, and the situation remains bleak. I have two colleagues from Bangladesh who both confirmed these facts.

post-8668-0-80496400-1364155102_thumb.jppost-8668-0-50999500-1364155111_thumb.jppost-8668-0-73921900-1364155121_thumb.jppost-8668-0-10552900-1364155141_thumb.jp

Aston, Randomguy wasn't trying to depict Dhaka in its totality; he was merely sharing pictures from where he lives. He's a businessman and obviously finds office buildings interesting. He didn't "forget" to show all sides. That was never his objective. You're being critical as if he were some photojournalist. I don't know why you felt it necessary to post those other photos.

I live near Philly and if I choose to post some pics of my neighborhood, are you then going to counter post some ghetto areas of the north and west side, accusing me of glossing over the disparity of wealth?

What point were you trying to prove?

TT, I was not trying to prove a point.

The United Nations have stated that millions of Dhaka residents are missing the following: durable walls, a secure lease or title, adequate living space and access to safe drinking waters and toilets. This is a city that can build the largest shopping mall in Asia but relies on US$ 1,5 Billion in foreign aid every year.

Philadelphia it is not. In fact Dhaka has been rated one of the worst places in the world to live.

As I said to Randomguy in an earlier thread, I thought he would have great difficulty finding a woman to leave her family and live in Bangladesh..

@TaterTot - I think you could be right. Only when I compare this girl i dated during my last visit to Istanbul and this girl I met online, I can actually realize the differences in their behaviours. The person I dated is always in touch with me and we do communicate in a regular basis without interruption. I guess anything online is not to be taken that seriously and in order for me to find out the exact reason for this other girl's behaviour, I am sure a visit to Istanbul is necessary.

@Abi - Lol, no worries, you are always welcome with your valuable opinions In fact, you could be right too, if she was only having fun, she wouldn't have given me her address, phone number in Istanbul, also its not like I give into her everytime. During our conversation, she can definitely be considered the initiator of intimate expressions. As a matter of fact, just for the sake of understanding, I would like to disclose this to you that she generally wears a headscarf, and as far as my understanding goes being a muslim a woman who wears headscarf is not likely to take it off in front of everyone, but in this case, I have seen her without it several times on skype. I suppose, it must mean something. She is in her 3rd year of University, old enough to be mature I think. Well, I'm not in any rush at the moment, to be frank, I am actually waiting for my younger brother to come back to Bangladesh from his higher studies in a year, and the moment he can take on my responsibilites in my business, I'll get myself a nice little place in Istanbul and am planning on living there for half a year. But, thanks for your input Abi, means a lot. Cheers

@TaterTot and @Aston - Lol, thanks TaterTot, for being so sweetly defensive about me, I must say, you are way too nice and kind . As for Aston, to a certain extent, she might be correct with her statistics, but in the end its all about which statistics you choose to emphasize on and which statistics makes a difference to YOUR life. I have joined this forum not to represent my country, address the disparity of rich and poor in my country, or show off the glitzy skyscrapers of Bangladesh. My intention is obvious from the Title of this thread. So, if a little common sense is applied, it would be hillariously comical, if I upload pictures of slums in Bangladesh and seek advice of marrying a woman to this very country. With such talents of depicting my country, I doubt if I'll even have the opportunity of coming across a middle-class woman enjoying a certain standard of living in Ethiopia, let alone Turkey, specially, when I myself don't live in those slums.

Lets talk some slums, shall we?

India's Mukesh Ambani, one of the Billionaires whose wealth once surpassed that of Bill Gates couple of years ago and one who has the most expensive house in the world apx. seven times more expensive than that of Bill Gate's, lives in the same city which has the third largest slum in the world - Dharavi, with almost a million inhabitants.

http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-most-expensive-homes-in-the-world.php

Brazil, which is the 6th largest economy in the world, a country with foreign reserve far greater than UK, Germany or France, has one of the biggest slums in the world as well.

http://placemanagementandbranding.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/favela1.jpg

http://www.irinnews.org/pdf/in-depth/TomorrowsCrisesToday-Chapter6.pdf

Even China, whose economy is expected to overtake that of United States' by 2016 has slums of its own. In short, slum-dwelling depends upon the population of a country and it is of no surprise to me that Bangladesh has its own slum, considering the fact that despite it's small size its population is double the size of Turkey's.

http://www.presstv.ir/usdetail/294894.html

Even Hong Kong, famously known as the country with the highest numbers of Rolls Royce per head is not immune to slum-dwelling

http://travel.cnn.com/hong-kong/visit/rooftop-housing-740690

Carlos Slim Helu (The richest man in the world at the moment) of Mexico happens to be the citizen of a country with the largest slum in the world Neza-Chalco-Itza, a barrio in Mexico City with around 4 million inhabitants.

Following is a link with satellite images of not only the aforementioned slums but also slums in countries like Japan and Turkey.

http://www.businessinsider.com/worlds-biggest-slums-2011-2?op=1

Moral of the story: Just because a country has slums does not mean that the entire population are slum-dwellers and live under the poverty-line. Anyone with significant knowledge of economics can comprehend the relationship between booming urban populations and slums.

Now, this is where I agree with you Aston. Just because I have a passion for things like horseback riding, fencing, and golfing, doesn't mean I can claim that all my Bangladeshi brothers have the same privileges as I do. In fact, I am sure that a very insignificant percentage of people in the global population take fancy into sports such as these. I don't suppose I should be ashamed of the fact that God has been kind enough to bestow upon me the title of a (VHNWI) Very High Net Worth Individual ,according to World Wealth Report.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-net-worth_individual

As Spiderman's uncle once said "With great power, comes great responsibility," Posted Image It'd be wrong to say that we don't contribute to the people in need. God knows how many thousands of people my dad has donated to, as when I was a child I remember seeing my dad send trucks loaded with food every Friday after Jumma prayer to all the slums. We supply umbrellas during rainy reasons, winter coats during winter to as many villages as possible. We even started this charitable organization where instead of providing food or daily necessities to the poor, we buy them products with which they can start there own little business and permanently settle down by earning a living. The idea is much more efficient and sustainable when it comes to eradicating poverty.

Although, I would disagree with Aston on one issue -

-Not because my wife will be riding in her chauffeur-driven Merc to her whereabouts instead of traveling with Istanbulkart.
-Not because she will live in a penthouse overlooking the entire Dhaka city instead of living in some shabby lane not so much like Besiktas.
-Not because the doors to Le Jules Verne in Eiffel Tower, Ice Hotel in Sweden, Redwood's Treehouse restaurant in New Zealand and archipelagos like Seychelles, Bora bora Tahiti, Galapagos, Easter Island, Hawaii or even Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic flights to the space (in future Posted Image) will always be open to her

But because in marriage these are the least important matters to worry about, and could be considered almost insignificant, when it comes to having a good life partner, who'll be by your side through thick and thin. With the right person in life, the place around yourself becomes almost invisible, or so I believe. Maybe I am a hopeless romantic, but afterall its my marriage we are talking about ;P

(Btw, I am very much aware of the fact that there are places like Bebek and Etiler in Istanbul as well, but I'm also aware of the insignificant population of Turkey living there while the rest can only dream of availing a house there)

Even around 18% of Turkish population is beleived to be living under the poverty line. The world isn't perfect, and for those who are familiar with Turkish TV shows, this reality is sad but true, where there is people like Feriha, there are people like Emir Sarafoglu Posted Image, where there is people like Kuzey Guney with their entire family relying on a Bakery store, there are people like Adnan Bey of Ask-i-memnu. It's as simple as that. As you all know I had a Turkish woman once, and if you have a Turkish woman, it means you'll be familiar with quite a lot of Turkish TV shows Posted Image

For example, posting a photo like this of Turkey will not be fair to the country, because Turkey has a thousand more sides to it, and this is just one of them.

http://www.worst-city.com/Slums/images/Little-kid-in-slums-Istanbul-Turkey.jpg

When you mention someplace to be the worst place to live in the world, you also need to take account of the individual you are talking to. I am sure Mexico is not the worst place to live in for Carlos Slim Helu the Billionaire and Mumbai of India with all its crowded streets is not the worst place to live in for Mukesh or Anil Ambani with their stair-cases made out of silver. If such was the fact, people like that would definitely all invest in countries like United States and become Green card holders, which by the grace of Almighty I am at liberty of doing any time I wish. According to US Citizenship and Immigration Services investing US $1 million or a mere $5,00,000 would grant permanent residence to any individual in United States, the so called country of the American Dream. But, I prefer using my beautiful green Bangladeshi passport and my life in Bangladesh, because I have a good life MashaAllah and as you yourself mentioned about Bangladesh having one of the largest shopping malls in Asia, naturally built by someone of Bangladeshi origin whose life is far better than mine Posted Image, so grocery and shopping for my wife shall also not be an issue. You see Aston, I am not at all worried about her compatibility with Bangladesh, since I believe she will be marrying into Bangladesh second, and the world first, as I have mentioned earlier, I am a big time traveler, for example, from this coming April till December, I have scheduled myself to travel to China, Thailand, India, Hong Kong, Dubai, Egypt, Qatar, and France and only one of them is a business trip, the rest are just pleasure. All I'll have to do is make sure my life partner shares this same passion of traveling and I
believe I'll be all good to go. And to validate my feelings I have consulted many of my friends specially German, French, and also Turkish and talked about their experience of Bangladesh, the response was very pleasing to me, since they all loved it here, and most of those who works in embassies applied for extensions of their stay. In fact, the Turkish owner of the Istanbul Restaurant, who I am acquainted to, owns a garments factory in Bangladesh and is settled here for good with his family. I also know this French couple who have had the opportunity of working here during their youth and after retirement came back and settled here. These are just stories of few people I know.

However, I did not think it relevant to put pictures of slums from my country, when my intentions of coming to this Forum is very different from that of addressing the issues of people living under poverty line in my country and my intention of sharing the link with you was solely showing you the place where I live in, not to manipulate the image of my country. And even if I did it would only be foolish of me to scare someone away with such pictures of my country which actually is not at all my reality. I could've justified your posting of such pictures if I were to start a company which marries Turkish citizens to Bangladeshish, but when I do not live in a slum, a photo of slums is in no way relevant to me.

Its like me going to a grand party wearing my pajamas when I have innumerable hand-stitched Zegnas, William Fioravanti, Valentino and Versace suits lying around in my closet and to make matters worse I leave my Ferrari behind and rent a truck to appear all classy for the party Posted Image I only believe in painting a picture that is true to me, not to others. Having said that, I am sorry if any of the materials above offended you, since you know very well that cannot be my intention, as I also need your prayers throughout my quest of a good wife, be it Turkish, British or Bangladeshi Posted Image They say "Ignorance is bliss" and that is one luxury I cannot afford, since I believe myself to be quite enlightened about whats going on around the world and my position in it. But, I totally respect your viewpoint and expect this behaviour to reciprocate. Speaking of viewpoints, I would like to end this long boring post with something I have written as my facebook status two days ago. "Living life is but a perception and condition. It could be long if lived in a prison and short if lived around the world, what one makes out of it is solely a matter of decisions rather than circumstances"

Take care TaterTot, Abi and Aston. Thank you all for shedding all the light possible upon my situation. You are all priceless and valuable to me. Cheers and Salam. Posted Image

Randomguy, I do wish you the best in your search for a wife. Sometimes, the more you try, the more difficult it becomes, like so much sand in a hard-clenched fist.Yes, I did feel the need to "defend" you; I was offended, and I don't even have any stake in the matter!A bit off topic, but I find it a sin for soccer (and other professional athletes) to make so much for such a meaningless occupation. Now that it's pretty much known that many of the games are fixed, it becomes even more pointless.What matters at the end of the day is not how many rupees or lira in one's bank account; it's how you change people around you. If you keep offering love to the world, love will come back. Just make sure you don't settle for anything less than you deserve. I had all but given up, but once the right one came, I was ready. Think of this a preparation for your soul mate. And maybe, instead of praying for a wife, pray to humbly accept the will of Allah. He always answers your prayers. But sometimes, the answer is, "Not yet."

I have just stumbled upon this thread and it makes fascinating reading.Random guy has spoken since the first of February of his love of turkish women/ a turkish woman, and his wealth and ease of living and the values And virtues he desires and can also offer the turkish women he will find to be his wife...........This is GREAT, and sounds like an awesome plan, except, why try so hard to formulate one, I fear you may be becoming blinkered and losing the true meaning of love, life and living.Life is a journey. It is an amazing journey when you tread the paths of your route alone, when you head down these avenues accompanied by the love of your life it becomes awesome!Each of us begin this journey alone and most of us have to take many turns, sometimes we take the right path, other times we follow the wrong one-, each new path we take embellishes us with another line of our story our map.As our story grows so do we, we learn and take all our lessons with us to use again in the future. This makes us wiser, stronger and more capable.You can't achieve the best from your life by following a pre Routed map and stick virtuously to every marked avenue, YOU have to make the route, and take the opportunities and the choices as you are presented with them, not just sit and plot and speculate.do you know what the best thing about this is random guy? It is that you actually got to make some steps to get to the beginning.So, my advice- as a non practising Christian, (who still holds true the virtues of High Church,) English woman, who has worked all their life and had a couple of businesses too(whose personal map, if I were to jot it down looks a lot like the London Underground rail system)Is to stop planning the journey and worrying about what you may encounter, just do it.Love love

True, academylin. But it's easier said then done when you come of a certain age and your have no prospects. Being pro-active in your search for a partner may not be a bad thing, as long as in it, you don't miss someone right in front of you. Things don't just fall in your lap all the time; sometimes, you have to go out and get it, right?

Take your businesses (congrats, by the way- it's not an easy feat!), don't you make a plan, a list, and start checking them off? Just because a plan isn't $ oriented and is emotion-based, can't you go about it in the same way?

I'm not arguing a point- just being philosophical... Posted Image

BTW- it becomes more complicated with Muslims, as "dating" is not looked on the same way.

How about a Muslim dating site, RG?

BTW- it becomes more complicated with Muslims, as "dating" is not looked on the same way.

How about a Muslim dating site, RG?

TT there are different "brands " of Islam mostly nothing to do with religion, more to do with culture. Therefore you can't generalise and say it becomes more complicated with Muslims.

Dating depends on how educated or modern the Muslim is. Lots of Turkish Muslims go on normal dates and choose their own partners.. It is also the same in the UK. As you know many Muslims also marry non Muslims and they date. Just read any of the Turkish forums about love and romance.

I am invited to the wedding of my colleagues brother, they are third generation British Bangladeshi's and the bride and groom met at university dated,( as in went to the cinema, restaurants, walks holding hands etc.) became engaged and are marrying next month in a traditional three day bash that is costing a fortune. I can't wait.to go.Posted Image

I don't think that we can help with any more advice as we are now going over the same things that we covered early on in this thread.I hope you find the girl of your dreams rg. Good luck.