Starting To Panic Now

Rate this topic

I wonder if anyone can help me with this or if my question is just downright silly Posted Image

In the guide for importing personal effects it states:

Your used household goods and personal effects are permitted for import if they are for your own use, and they must arrive no more than two months before or six months after your passport is stamped for entry into Turkey.

Surly this only applies if you have your goods brought in by a company? I mean, when I`m driving my household goods in myself I will get a stamp there and then!

I last entered Turkey on the 26 of September to get my 3 years residency, we will be bringing our stuff over on the 31 of March, that means the last entry will be more then 6 month ago!! will this be a problem or am I just loosing the plot?? Posted Image

one more thing :) : electrical goods, does this just apply for TV, Video etc. or does it include things like Toaster, breadmaker etc.??

On 1/23/2013 at 7:28 PM, 'Abi said:

No not a silly question at all Mouse, always better to ask if you aren't sure. As you say it would only apply if you were getting your stuff shipped over so won't apply to you as you are bringing your things over yourself.

says it all really

I guess you were pleased with Abi's reply. Posted Image

I think that the only thing they seem interested in is the TV. I think we've got it written somewhere, I'll have to have a hunt around.

When we drove over with all our stuff, and the dog on top, we arrived by ferry in Cesme. Nobody wanted to see T's dog-passport although I tried to show it to every customs officer we saw (after all, it had cost me 160 euros), nobody wanted to check what we had inside the car (thank goodness, because it was packed up to the roof and we had had a hell of a time getting it all stuffed in), but they were highly interested in the car and kept running the plate numbers, the motor serial number and whatever through their computer system. At the time we thought: who would want to steal a 10-year-old Xantia? Mr P was very attched to his car but he would have been hard pushed to get 500 euros for it in France. In Turkey, he was offered 8000 TL (and, utter frustration, couldn't sell it!)But I think everybody has their own story to tell so it is best to be prepared for everything and not make assumptions.

I've had a hunt and found this: DEAD LINK. But I think everyone's experiences differ (what a surprise) and I know some people have brought quite a number of electrical goods in and only paid tax on the TV.

Mod note: The dead link was to the Turkish customs website which had English content. That site has been replaced by this one: http://www.gtb.gov.tr/, but unfortunately at the time of this posting the new Turkish customs website doesn't have an English option.

You should have no problem with the passport stamping dates if the goods are coming in at the same to ime as you.

We had some boxes shipped and had to to leave the country and get a new stamp in our passport. 24 hour return trip to Chios in a storm on Christmas Eve 2011....