Marring My Turkish Boyfriend In Icmeler

Rate this topic

Hi and welcome Veronicacrystal, Thee most important document you need from the UK is a Certificate of Non Impediment

To obtain a Certificate of No Impediment make an appointment at your local registry office no more than six months before your wedding date. The registrar will ask your name, age and address and the same for your fiancé, if you don't know where you marry exactly just say the name of the place eg Icemeler. The register office will tell you what documents to take to the appointment.

Approximately 21 days after you have given notice the registry office will give you a Certificate of No Impediment. I am not sure of the cost of the CONI

Before you marry in Turkey you will need to go to the nearest British Consulate with your fiance (find one here) http://ukinturkey.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/other-locations/

The consulate will translate the following documents :-

[*]Certificate of No Impediment, not issued more than six months prior to the wedding day.

[*]Full ten year passport with minimum validity of six months.

[*]Full Birth Certificate.

[*]If you are divorced - a Decree Absolute

[*]If you have changed your name - Deed Poll

[*]If you are widowed - the death certificate

The British Consulate charge for this service again I am not sure how much but it used to be about £150

You and your fiancé must then go with the translated documents to the local Turkish Governors Office who will legalise the documents for free.

Everyone who marries in Turkey is required under Turkish Law to have a blood test.

This is done at the local hospital and private clinics.

The marriage application needs to be made in person at the local marriage office in order to give notice of marriage, submit the certificates, complete necessary forms and fix a date for the marriage ceremony. There is no waiting period in Turkey so you can marry immediately.

Hope that helps Posted Image

Hi and welcome to our forum Veronica, as well as a blood test you may also have to have a chest x-ray as well, but it varies as to which area you are applying for health tests.

Congratulations on your forth coming marriage and hope it all goes well. If you are thinking of settling in the UK with your new husband please take the time to read about the financial requirements and also the English language requirement. There is a lot of reading about this in the UK Visa section. :)

I got married in Turkey last July, when we went to the clinic for our medical the doctor just asked me a few questions and printed me off the documents we needed!! No blood tests, no examination,nothing!! Think it must depends on where u are. It's very hit and miss!! Once u got all your papers together it should be quite straight forward, Good luck xx

• 4 months later...

Hi Chloe and congratulations on your forth coming marriage. You will need to get your passport, CONI, and birth certificate translated. The Consulate can translate them for you costs a bit more but at least you will know they are done properly.

Good luck.

Thank you for all this information on this post. I also am planning to get married but in marmaris next year. What documents need to be translated and where can they be translated too ?

If you scroll up to the start of this thread you will see in post #2 that I have answered this question in some depth for the original poster Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

can some1 help me i got married last year in turkey (istanbul) i am english and he is turkish but we are now wanting a dirvorce as thing are just not working out he is living in istanbul and i am back in the uk i do not know what hte hell to do i do not want to go back to turkey if i do not have to but i do not know who to ask for help or advice.. can any1 help? xx

CB24, you are entitled to a British divorce as you have been married for one year. I am assuming there are no children and if so, your divorce should be straightforward. You do not have to return to Turkey.

Once you are divorced in the UK you can send the British Decree Absolute to your husband in Turkey.

He can then open a divorce recognition case in Turkish Courts if he wants to. Then, the Turkish court will write to you in the UK .to confirm you want the British divorce recognised in Turkey. This part is up to him and is much quicker an easier than a full on Turkish divorce.

Good luck Posted Image

I got married in Turkey last July, when we went to the clinic for our medical the doctor just asked me a few questions and printed me off the documents we needed!! No blood tests, no examination,nothing!! Think it must depends on where u are. It's very hit and miss!!

Once u got all your papers together it should be quite straight forward,Good luck xx

Blimey, I had the full works. This was in Istanbul, but we paid to go private to fast track the procedure due to work commitments.