AmyElizabethBalaam

Best Place To Live In Turkey

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Hello all, I am new to this Forum so sorry if this is in the wrong place.I have lived in Turkey for a year and a half with my Turkish partner. We would like to move somewhere else as at the moment we are living in Hisaronu in Fethiye and its hard to find people there in the winter let alone any jobs!Basically I am looking for a place where there is work all year round with a tourist destination near by for my family? Can anyone suggest anywhere?Thanks Amy and Hakan

Hi Amy and welcome to the forum. I live in Side Antalya, Its great for jobs in summer but not the best in winter! Im sure you would find something as everyone i know does. Luckily my Husband is a Teacher so works all winter and gets 3 months paid off in summer. If you want any information about side or around manavgat area then give me a message! Also nice to make new friends! Sorry but i wouldnt really know other places xxxP.S this place is great for your family to come to visit! Its a really good tourist area xx

Hı AmyWelcome to the forum. Cappadocia has an average of 2,5 million visitors per year (and rising) and the tourist season runs all through the year with peaks in spring and autumn and the low season in July and August. Foreign residents tend to return to their home countries in the winter but the tourist industry still goes on, hotels, restaurants and shops stay open all through the year.Might be worth thinking about as travel agencies in particular are always on the outlook for people with language skills.Good luck with your search!

Kaş is awful, don't come here.

Posted Image

Vic801 likes this

I am looking for a place where there is work all year round with a tourist destination near by for my family?

istanbul, but too crowded and expensive that is not like fethiye, mugla, antalya etc

You could look at Izmir which is Turkey's third largest city which has a number of resorts in easy reach.

I definitely think that Antalya is the best place to live in. Before moving to Antalya in 1998 I lived in Istanbul, Çesme, Fethiye, Tekirdağ... but here you've got a full programme of events all year round - concerts, theatre, festivals, not like in other tourist resorts. I think that is very important if you live somewhere on a permanent basis. Here you can join all sort of clubs - for example, photography, cycling, rambling clubs (of course, if you speak Turkish that's even better) so life is never boring here. OK - there are a lot of high-rise buildings and parts of Antalya are not so pretty but you've got a choice of fantastic beaches in the summer and entertainment choices all year round. The surroundings are beautiful and it's cosmopolitan.So - come to Antalya!