Shopping For Furniture

Rate this topic

NickN

I'll be arriving in Izmir in April. My plan was to bring jsut a few pieces of furniture with me. So that I can take advantage of buying some things locally to take back to the States. Are there any specifics I should know about finding well made Turkish style furniture? Any info would be great. Thanks ~Nick

Baykus,I didn't really know that was an option. I've read on here that a lot of places come bare bones with not much in them. these are the details I'm trying to work out. So thanks! I'll keep that in mind when I'm packing my things to bring. I've tried to look up apartments on the net and can't find much. None have said they were furnished.

If you look at sahibinden.com. Then look at the lefthand side of the web page for İlgili Kategoriler. Under that heading look for Kiralik and click on it.

Then find a small box with "Kiralık" Kategorisinde Ara. In this box write Mobilyalı.Then scroll down to Adres. The first one says Turkiye and click on the arrow in the second box and choose Izmir. Then in the next box type in Alsancak Konak.

Scroll down to Fiyat and enter the minimum and maximum price (in TL) that you are prepared to pay, then scroll down to the end where there is a yellow 'ARA' and click on it.

You should be able to see what's available on that website.

Yes, I recommend getting a furnished place. I got an unfurnished one for various reasons (i.e. I thought I would be bringing my two cats over eventually and I don't think they would be trustworthy around other peoples' furniture) but as things turned out, they are still in the States with my husband, and I've spent over 5K TL and it's still pretty much bare-bones. I like the stuff I got, I like my place, but it would have been smarter to get a furnished place, and you can get a nice one for around 900 TL.