Turk Kizilay In

Rate this topic

Hello everybody hope your all well. I have been sorting through mine and the hubby's wardropes and have got alot of clothes that we are not wearing anymore so I would like to give them away. I was just wondering if anybody in Çeşme know where Kızılay is (I have looked on the internet and I havent gotten anywhere) or if there is another place I can take these clothes. Many of them have hardly ever been worn and some even have labels on (terrible I know!) If anybody could help me it would be great.

Thank you xxx

Well I never knew there was a Kızılay around here! Up till now I've been giving unwanted clothes away to an impoverished family in the village. The old lady has 10 children (9 of them married & scattered about locally) and umpteen grandchildren. They are always grateful & assure me the clothes are put to good use for one or other family member.

I must admit sometimes I feel a bit funny about it..... do they really? Once or twice on the way to the shops I have surreptitiously left a bag of clothes next to rubbish bins in the village, and noticed on the way back that the bags were gone. The Kızılay will provide another option.

Sam, it will be nice to have you move back to Dalyan, so we might see you more often ! Good luck to you! Posted Image

I looked on the internet for a kızılay in çeşme and it said it was based at the kerasus hotel which didnt seem right to me. But there is now a new clothes cabin in the merkez! also on the way to Fener/Çiftlik there is a Kızılay Genç Kamp on the left hand side who also take donations I have been told so thats handy to know.

Once I have settled into my new home after new year I will invite you all around for a cuppa :Dxxxx

So, all they do is take donations (of clothes, but no doubt wouldn't say no to monetary ones) ? I did notice clothing bins starting to go up (in Alaçatı) but haven't seen any in Çeşme yet. 'Twould be nice if they opened a charity shop !

You can put the kettle on then Sam ! Posted Image

Meral do the clothes go to needy people if they are put in these bins or are they sent for re-cycling? I'd like to see a charity shop in the town as well. I know they have them in places where there are a lot of foreigners. They have one in Fethiye which is very successful and all the proceeds are given to a good cause. Maybe there aren't enough of us here to make it a viable proposition?

I dont suggest anyone to donate money especially to kızılay . you cant rely on such kınd of organızatıons in turkey . and you are rıght samantha , there arent manycharıty shops in turkey. I thınk you can give away your clothes to munıcıpalıty . unfortunately people are not helpless but insensible

Turko yes there are alot of people in need in çeşme. just because çeşme is known for its rich and famous celebs and high prices here dont mean the people of çeşme are the richest. I have never given money to charities as you dont know how it is used and if it is helping somebody thats why I always give clothes or old blankets etc that I dont use. Last year when there was that earthquake in Van I cleared out all my old blankets, pillows, towels etc and sent them to Van :Dx

Abi, I honestly don't know what happens to the clothes that go into charity bins, I mean, I don't know if they are distributed dırectly to needy families or if they make their way to charity shops in other cities to make money, and if that money is used to help the poor or simply to pay wages to the shop workers.

That's why, in a way I find it more satisfactory to give the clothes to the family I know in need. And this family also gets help from the council by way of coal and financial support, as they have told me. So you see, Turko, there are indeed "helpless" people in Çeşme !

• 2 weeks later...

I'm late to this topic only recently having come back from the UK. Just to make you jealous Sam, I was in Cardiff on the day of the last international, Wales v Australia. Wonderful atmosphere but pity about the score. Posted Image

That's good news Sam and I believe that, in fact, you have already moved in, so welcome and put the kettle on. Posted Image

When I have any clothes or anything else, for that matter, I usually give it to the site bekçi, Bulent and he finds new homes for the stuff.

Welcome back Sunny. I am off back to Cardiff on Saturday :D I cant wait. My mum had tickets for each rugby match from work and everytime she was in the stadium she either called me or sent me some pictures :( so you have just added to the jealousy haha.

Im all moved in :D but will invite you all around after I come back in january. Im actually living above perihan atalan she said she knows you :D xxxx

You'd better bring Abi some cheddar cheese if you want to make her day. Posted Image

I hope you have a good trip and have a lovely Christmas with your family, but make sure you take some warm clothes, it didn't get above 6 all the time I was there!Posted Image

I'll look forward to the cup of tea when You get back. Posted Image

ı have already ordered abi's oil, twiglets and branston pickle haha. my mum does her shopping with asda online and gets it delivered to the house so I added it to her list hehe. I will get the cheese when I go back as I need to get my own aswell.

I always leave my jumpers at my mum and dads house ready for the next year and to save the hassle of bringing them back and forth. My dad told me it was 5 degrees yesterday at 1 in the afternoon. Im not looking forward to the cold I must say.

See you all when I get back :D xxx

I can never bring back all I want because of the stingy weight allowance - I usually buy too much and then have to donate some things to my son and DiL! This time it was a packet of sausages, some Welsh lamb chops and some gammon! :(