Sign in to follow this  
Louisecos11

Boyfried In The Army...desperate For Advice Please Help!

Rate this topic

Posted Image Thank you for your answer. I hope its not a problem how u said. I just want to write him letters to pass fast the days for us. But i dont want to create him a problem or something. U tell me that its not normal to receive letters there? If i can communicate with him on e-mail , once /week it will be easier, but will see...

I hope that u joke with romanian agent Posted Image . How is there? in army?Its hard? I think u had some activities....

yep i was joking about being agent there'll be hardly any problem. from now on you should be able to communicate with him once in a week or two. i'm not saying its not normal to receive letters i'm just saying that its unusual because most of the guys communicate with others via e-mails and social network. Considering the delivery time of letters this is better.

Hi Everyone! I'm so thankful for this topic and glad to hear that most everyone has really supportive comments and advice. I'm glad you will all see your boyfriends/husbands soon:)

My husband joined the military in mid December 2013 and will be serving for one year.  Like others on this thread, I too spoke with him nearly every single day. Things have been ultra chaotic in the military right now so he has so far been in two different bases in the first two months. In the second month he had his cell phone and could call me every day at 4 am before his day began. NOW it is very different and he is stationed very close to the syrian border. cell phones are highly prohibited and they have long lines for using the phones and the internet. Mostly commanders/master soldiers have dibbs on using internet and he can wait in line for almost an hour for using either phone or internet. He has been there 2 weeks and only could use the internet twice and calling is sporadic. I haven't heard from him 5 days which is very unusual and i'm really worried. I know elections are happening and probably the soldiers are being used to man the polling stations in the villages.......i'm guessing:?  

Anyway, can someone please tell me if I'm way out of line to worry so much for not having contact for 5 days........i'm feeling beside myself and I have 8+ months to go:(   Thanks for your comments. 

I'm also guessing it's because of the elections --- it was chaotic here in Çeşme this past week, and yet we are at the opposite end of Turkey, far from Syria!  Please don't worry unnecessarily -- I'm sure you'll hear from him very soon ! :)

I just finally heard from my fiance! OMG.........such a relief....:)))  For four days he was at a border check point....now he is back at his base. I hope he will not have to go back again. Sadly, there have been some deaths:(

:) thanks Meral!

btw.......i meant ''husband'.......not fiance:))  Gosh i hope the next 8+ months go faster than the first 3+ !!  

I did not grow up in a place that has conscription and in my life I have no one close to me who has served in the military so I am ill-prepared for the worry and fear that can creep in. My heart goes out to spouses the world over who face this situation.

I also worry about the psychological cost/damage to soldiers who are witnessing some very brutal situations......:(

I understand what you mean FW -- a lot of young men go into the army & come out different at the end -- it does affect them psychologically, and especially so if they are conscripts, ie. not having joined the army voluntarily, knowing what they might be in for.  However most young men in Turkey grow up knowing they will have to serve, so they come to accept it as inevitable.

Don't worry too much -- most of what we worry about never comes to pass! :)

Pffff...i read all that you wrote here and u scarried me (about ellection, etc). My boyfriend is in army since 9 days....

I didnt have any sign from him. He told me that he can call me after 20 days, but here i read something about 3o days. He will stay in army six months. You have ideas if are 20 days or 30 days? I miss him so much. He have some medical problems and he enrrolled in army to have access easier at military hospital.  Its very hard and i am praying to be good. If you have information about what happening in army, let me know. Thank you!

To all the girls waiting for their man in the army, my advice is just to be strong!

I remember when my boyfriend called me for the first time from army, i didnt speak at all, I just cried from relief/happiness/sadness or whatever...

What I do remember is that he could have called me even before that 20 days everyne is talking about? We talked on the phone at least once a week. Maybe he just had some connections inside Posted Image

Anyway, having your boyfriend in military isnt easy at all! Just try to talk whenever you can, and use their days off for speaking at skype, getting in touch and all Posted Image It is really a test for your love... It can make you even closer...or break you apart.

Good advice Cocili. And I hope you all will come back once you hear from your man and let us know about the communication difficulties and other aspects which impact on relationships when Turkish men go into the military. Thanks to all of you who have contributed to this topic.

i am desperate. It passed 20 days, still no message from my boyfriend. I sent to him message on whatssapp and this appear today like he has oppened his internet but my message on his phone doesnt have receive confirmation. Until today, if i called on his number, the robot said to me that , ...pls try later, now i cant call, its interrupted, like phone number doesnt exist. I am feeling like i am crazy. I dont know what can happened, if he has access on his phone why he dont call me, why i receive receive confirmation from message? it is possible to blocked all his incoming calls, but why?  I asked you before, after how many days they can use their phone? How i can find at what base he is? Posted Image hard sittuation....pls, help me!

no...i talked with his sisters and she told me that he cant use at phone until september. its hard to believe that he cannt use his phone six months...even in war can communicate somehow. its possible to not want to talk with me. i dont know... :(

I'm sorry that he hasn't contacted you, UngureanuElena, that is extremely stressful.  At least you are able to speak with his family, that's a good sign. I'm sure that he'll be in contact when he is able.  Keep your spirits high, stay positive, and things will work out the way they are meant to.

I'm sorry that he hasn't contacted you, UngureanuElena, that is extremely stressful.  At least you are able to speak with his family, that's a good sign. I'm sure that he'll be in contact when he is able.  Keep your spirits high, stay positive, and things will work out the way they are meant to.

thank u a lot for your thoughts.

I have older friends in the Turkish army they all speak English very well in addition to other languages.  It seems according to UN reports that the Turkish army is not only quite modern but is ranked in the top 10 in the world.