Turkish Flags

Rate this topic

Ah yes, everyone has one but you have to keep replacing them as they fray, then you may be fined.

Well, they certainly do at sea - we've been fined in the past for having a frayed flag. We check it regularly now and always carry a spare, so it's quite likely that the same applies on land. :blush-anim-cl[1]:

• 1 year later...

Turkish flag in law1. you have to keep clean2. you can not use it as underwear or on untidy clothes etc.3. you have to keep it in good places. 4. you can not use it a teared.

IF the flad is too old , too dirty , teared etc. you can not put it in dustbin. You have to destroy it completly because nobody must not step on it , see in bad position. Generally if flag is too old and if not possible to keep in depot they destroyd it completly than buy a new flag.

It is an important thing of respect for Turks and many other countries. Their flags are important symbols to them, and while we Brits see the flag burning antics of demonstraters as pathetic and childish it is a powerful message they are trying to convey as a countries flag, to them, is very important.

Welcome to our forum Bluemountain and thank you for that information. If you would like to go to 'Meet and Greet' and tell us a little about yourself people will be able to give you a proper welcome. :welcome:

A friend of mine had his boat in Finike marina and had been told a few times by local guys that he should get a new flag. One night somebody changed it for him!

I think he pays more attention to it now. Most British yachties like to have a fairly faded Red Ensign but it's not allowed here. Good thing really I suppose.