A Bank Card Usable Online ( Non-Credit Card )?

Rate this topic

As I understand it, it is not possible to pay online with your bank/ debit card in Turkey due to security concerns.

One exception is that, in some cases, you can use your "electron" card on the shopping site Gittigidiyor.

Since many of us expats do not qualify for a credit card for different reasons, I wonder if there is ANY way, alternative method or regular,

to put money in an account in Turkey and then pay online with a virtual or actual visa/ mastercard?

Mainly, I want to just be able to deposit cash and then shop online. Right now that is very difficult and I have to use other people's credit cards and it is a pain.Posted Image

I do have a Yapikredi bank card and account now.

Is there any bank who issues non-credit cards ( virtual or actual ) that are usable online?

Posted Image

post-9805-0-29625000-1351484769_thumb.jp

You can get a credit card from Yapı Kredi, they block an amount in your account equal to your credit limit to prevent your non-payment. You can use this card online, I have many times and you can use it in other countries to get cash from a machine or pay at a check-out in a shop.

I had one from ING bank. For foreigners without a shown source of income they have to deposit a sum that covers plus a bit more of the credit limit for the card. The one I had had a limit of 1000.tl and they wanted 2000.tl

I had one from Akbank without blocking anything and with no guarantee but that was 4 years ago. Ziraat gave me one but I have a repo account with them and Garanti gave me one with a limit of double the amount I blocked. So there don't really seem to be hard and fast rules.

Go Daddy accepted an Internet payment with the Garanti credit card but refused the Ziraat one.

If you can't get a credit card Garanti has a system where you transfer money to a "virtual" card and use that to pay online but I have never used it.

Does anyone use Paypal or Skrill (Moneybookers)? Maybe there are Turkish equivalents out there?

Not very many online shopping sites patronize these, which is a shame as they are "guaranteed" and provide a means of shopping without the risk of using a card, and without having to reveal your banking details.

I have a small Skrill account which I use for buying Skype credit (to talk to people non-internetwise).Posted Image

ı have never used paypal and the others I never rely on shoppıng on the net or payıng bills . you all know they can hack your account

That is true JP with credit and debit cards but Paypal and Skrill are secure ways to pay as the seller can not see your personal information. The money comes from your Paypal or Skrill account not from your bank account. Transactions are also encrypted.Posted Image

The only online shopping I do is plane and National express tickets., oh and I nearly forgot, Kindle books from Amazon.