Adopting A Dog In Turkey

cheechee

HiI am interested in adopting a dog here in Turkey, I have always had a dog and being without one just does not feel right to me. I am living in Turkey full time and was wondering the best way to go about this, I do fancy a golden retriever type but i am open to any kind, and usually find that the dog very often picks the owner not the other way round :)I am living in a small village 15 mins from Bodrum airport but do not mind traveling, so if anyone has any information or contacts that would be a starting point for me that would be very much apprieciated.

Thanks

Chee Chee, too bad that you live in the Bodrum area,My husband brought home a luvly 3 months old black Labrador,3 days ago thinking that i would be happy,She;s georgous but we already have 2 dogs.

I suffer from Arthritist n walk with a stick so i can just about manage the 2 that we have,but another 1 is out of the question.

My husbands is not the normal Turkish man,he loves all animals.

It;s a struggle every month no we can;t have Chicken,sGoats n so on.

The reason being that i;d be left to look after them all.

I live on the outskirts of FethiyeProbably around 3/4 hours away from where you are just now.

We don;t have a car only a little scooter.

My husband meant well,his heart is in the right place.

A friend of his did;nt realise that the wee puppy would grow so fast n his children not too happy.

The puppy is big n wants to play.

She just need some training.

I'm doing my best not too get attched to her but it;s really hard.

She needs a good home where somebody will give her the attention she requires at this age.

If you;re interested Chee Chee Private mail me.

Lindy LouChee Chee the dog is free to a good home.no money will be asked for.

Fogot to mention this,oops!!!

Hi Abi and LindylouThank you both so much for your replies, things happened so quick yesterday and i am now a new mummy :) to a little one who was in need of a home, she is so sweet and we are now getting to know each other.

Lindylou it is a shame about the little one you have, but i feel i need to give our new addition settling in time before introducing an other. I do hope you find a new home for your one as i am sure there are lots of people who would love to give such a dog a home.

Best wishes

CHee Chee, thats great you've got yourself a new pooch.

Fingers crossed somebody will take this georgous puppy that i'm fostering just now to fit into their new home soon.

Enjoy your new found friend Chee Chee,Lindy LouHi Abi, My Hubby has conatcted a few vets in Fethiye n i;ve posted a few adds regarding our new little black friend.

Surely somebody out there would luv to take her home with them.

No charge for her.she just needs somebody to love,take for long walks n much playtime to get rid of all her energy.

Any takers?

Lindy Lou

I just thought i;d put some pics up of the pup that i'm having to look after just now.well until her new owners come along.

Her name is Tarcin,she's about 3 months old.

Playful n so so loveable.

Free to good Home.

We are in the Karagedik area of Fethiye,5 min drives from Pelin Hotel,Calis.

PM me if anybody is out there n looking for a new adoreable pet.

Lindy Loups.

I can;t seem to put any pics on.

My other post is in the Fethiye Section with Tarcins photos.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there Animal Luvers, just thought i let you know that i a luvly couple from Ovacik.

Fethiye took home Tarcin with them on Saturday.

Her new name is Shadow,named by their 9 year son.

The lady contacted me yesterday to say that all was going well n Shadow was going to the Vets for a check-up n to start her injections.

I'm over the moon that this dog was'nt left to roam the streets,we only had her for 2 week n luckily a new home was found for this gorgeous Big Black Lab Girl in a relative short time.

Happy ending to this story.

Lindy Lou

Sunny n Chee Chee,thanks, I was so happy that someone took it into their heart to take this beautiful pup home with them to love n share with thier family.

I was bubbling at her leaving but happy also that a new home was found so quickly for her.

The owner has contacted me to say that all is going well n she was off to the vet for the pups injections.

Yeh this story did have a happy ending,many pets out there don't.

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody, we also love to adopt a dog here in our new apartment in Ankara. But we're living at the 10th floor of an apartment and we don't know many people from the building. There are no restrictions from the owner, but we can not guess our Turkish neighbours' attitudes for a dog living in our apartment. What do you think?

Hi everybody, we also love to adopt a dog here in our new apartment in Ankara. But we're living at the 10th floor of an apartment and we don't know many people from the building. There are no restrictions from the owner, but we can not guess our Turkish neighbours' attitudes for a dog living in our apartment. What do you think?

Are you planning to buy the puppy a motorcycle helmet then mikey? Posted Image

What would you do with a dog when you go off exploring? You would probably find somewhere to stay difficult if you had a dog with you, and what would happen to the dog at the end of the two years?