Sign in to follow this  
SSKiraz

Turkish Marriage Documents

Rate this topic

Hi AllI really need your help. i recently got married in Turkey to my Turkish partner and when we got married i was given a book which is an International Marriage book (AILE CUZDANI/ LIVERT de FAMILLE) and also a peice of paper Formul B. Both documents are in Turkish but on the back of the documents there is a translated part for each section of the document in about 8 different languaged and one of them is English. I wanted to change all my details in the UK to my new surname but i am unsure if the banks and passort will accept this document or if it would still need to be translated even if it has the traslation on the back of the documents.

If anyone has also been given this document and has changed there details and know what i need to do please help it will be very much appeciated. :)Thank you all in advanceSarah x

Hi and welcome to our forum Sarah. You shouldn't have any trouble with the banks etc accepting the red wedding book if you point out the translations in the back as it is suppose to be an International document. The Formula B should be two sided with the translation on the other side of the page. If it isn't I would just photocopy the translated back pages of the red wedding book and attach them to the Formula B.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your marriage.

Don't lose the Formul B - if you want to change your passport while in Turkey, the regional centre, in Dusseldorf requires the Formul as well as your marriage book.