Sign in to follow this  
BeachBodyBound1

Moving To Ankara!

Rate this topic

My husband was recently offered a job in Ankara for 6 months. We are thrilled to be moving our family there this November. 5 out of our 6 children are adopted from Ethiopia and really looking forward to experiencing another culture.

Looking forward to learning more about the beautiful country of Turkey and gaining a better understanding of the culture and its people!!

Wow, well done for adopting 5 children from Ethiopia, what a difference you will have made to their lives. I hope you enjoy living in Ankara and also once settled will be visiting other parts of Turkey, If you and your family are interested in visiting historical sites you couldn't be coming to live in a better country.

If there are any specific questions you want to ask please feel to post in the relevant forum sections, we will do our best to help you.

I think you will enjoy Ankara. I don't think I would want to live in Ankara forever, but six months? I think you'll enjoy it. It's a great place to experience Turkish culture, and there's always an international scene since all of the embassies are there. I hope you'll keep us updated on your experiences, it's good to have a new member in Ankara 'round here.

Posted Image to the forum Addis. I hope you will enjoy your stay in Ankara and as the others say, manage to get to other parts of this great country, there's so much to see.

Hello Addis, I am from Ankara but now i am living in Istanbul. I can say this if you see Istanbul, you will want to live in Istanbul because of Istanbul is a metropolitan city. In addition there is The beauty of nature. But don't wince about Ankara. You know Ankara is Turkey's capital city and Ankara has all possibilities for social life. Also Ankara is near some nice places: Capadocia, Kayseri, Bolu etc. They have the original beauty of nature. Finally, Ankara is human friendly. I don't think you will be bored in Ankara.