Online Shopping From Uk To Turkey

Rate this topic

Hi, I'm a foreigner living in Turkey. I wanted some information regarding online shopping. I'd like to order some football gear from my football clubs megastore which is in the UK but i was wondering if it would be a problem with the customs here in Turkey? What is the process online shopping goes through once it reaches Turkey? Will i have to pay the customs? Is it quite a lengthy & troublesome process? Thanks!

If they can post it to you and the total purchase price is more than 75 Euros you will have to pay Turkish customs tax. The amount of tax they charge will be for the total purchase price and not the excess over 75 Euros.

The rates are18% tax if the parcel is posted to you from European countries, or 20% if it was posted outside of Europe .

If they can post it to you and the total purchase price is more than 75 Euros you will have to pay Turkish customs tax. The amount of tax they charge will be for the total purchase price and not the excess over 75 Euros.

The rates are18% tax if the parcel is posted to you from European countries, or 20% if it was posted outside of Europe .

I had a bit of a drama last year, when, not knowing about the ridiculous reduction from 150 to 75 euros, I ordered sandals. The firm I use sends via DHL or UPS ... they decide which. In this case the order for 3 pairs was sent as 2 packages, with the more expensive sandals sent alone in one of these. Both packages came to just over 75 euros each. One was sent with DHL and another with UPS. They both contacted me and a long process of forms to be completed and returned etc etc I was worried because they told me there were storage charges whilst the process was carried out - v expensive ones - and I thought I would be liable for these. They told me that the sender would pay all charges though - and I wasnt asked to pay anything.

Another totally different package at the same time sent by post involved payments in Fethiye to both customs and tax office and alot of to ing and fro ing.

I've made sure since that I have kept any orders below the 75 euro ............. but this is not easy (especially with a stronger dollar against the euro). I had got the impression that I needed to have an importers license to receive a package valued at more than 75 euro - or pay far more than 20% duty.

• 5 months later...

When I got parcels sometimes they were delivered to my house or sometimes I was asked to collect them from the PTT, but I also been told by other people they had to go to the customs even though the value was small. So really it's anyone's guess.

• 1 year later...

Hey Guys,

I am traveling turkey next week and I used my mate's address for online shopping to get my parcel fast. I will stay in Turkey for a week. yesterday my mate called me for this Turkish customs tax which postman asked to deliver the item. ABT 50$ !

I am not going to use this item in Turkey and I will take it back here in Australia.

Do you think I can claim it when I am flying out from Turkey. If yes, any advice about the process ?!

Cheers.

Rez

• 4 years later...

I have never used tracking and logistic services before. And now it is seeming like I have to. Do you have experience with https://pkge.net/couriers/amazon-logistics? I was told that it is the best resource here. But I don’t know for sure and so I want to hear your advice. Surely there are people out there who use services like this constantly. And I just want to the grantee that my things will be safe. If you have used that service, please share how it was.