Sign in to follow this  
gigi

Help I Need Answers To So Me Questions Befor I Go To Turkey To Be Married

Rate this topic

I also find it difficult to believe he doesn't want children.......... except of course, if he already has children ! And let's not forget about his parents and other relatives. Gigi, in Turkey you marry not only the man but his family as well (generally speaking, that is), and they will feel free to intervene in every aspect of your lives. But if the both of you live in the US, of course there will be less chance of any interference.

I have to agree with the others -- pleeeease come to Turkey and see it all for yourself ! :)

i am taking everything you all say to heart and i am going to meet him first. i know how i feel about him and when i get off the plane and see him for real i thiink that i will beable to know if he is genuine and as we spend together i will be paying close attention to everything. I keep thinking to myself if he is using me why would he waste over a year of his time on a women older then him, who is can't have children, who was going through a divorce and is not rich or close to it. i am a simple women. He has know this since the beginnig of the relationship. i think why me when he could easily find a younger women that wants kids who has never been married that would love him like i do and not have to wait years. Love is a funny thing it grabs you and makes you do silly things and feel euphoric and i understand this and have my eyes open. I want and do believe our love is real. life has no guarantees on the future. i just want to move on and live my life with love and peace. again thank you and pleas continue to send you advice or comments. :)

Gigi it may be that what he feels for you is genuine and you have nothing to fear. On the other side some will play a waiting game be it for a visa or money. Money isn't always important if they are just after a visa. If you have been reading some of the posts you will have read where husbands have waited years to get a visa or passport or money. Sometimes as soon as they get to their new country they leave straight away, Not sure if it was this forum or another where a Turkish man had married a foreigner, his wife asked asked him why he had wasted over 5 years of his life, his reply was he got a passport and half her house.

I'm sure when you meet up he will treat you like a princess, enjoy it but don't be blinded by it.

How long are you thinking of staying for? I suggest you meet several times before you make a decision.

I can't think of anything else to say as most of it has been covered by everyone now.

Good luck Posted Image

Gigi, a visa to the USA, Australia, Scandinavia, Europe or the UK is worth its weight in gold. It is a whole new life with higher earning possibilities and a better life not only for a Turkish citizen but for his family. Women from these countries can be a stepping stone to this life. Middle aged women, single parents are easy targets for theses men.

I do hope that your Turk is for real. All the best Posted Image

thank you for you input. it seems that there is nothing good about turkish men and they are all wanting is out of their country and lie to get what they want. it is sad that my feelings for him have been tainted by what i am hearing. it almost makes me not want to even meet him. but in the back of my head what we have just seems like it is real for both of us. so i guess i just have to think do i want to spend money flying back and forth to turkey to see if it is real. but then again how long can he keep up the front of wanting me for me and not for a visa. this is so hard on the heart and mind........but i appreciate all the feed back. thanks

Gigi if you can afford to waste the airfare then come for a holiday, see him, his family and where he lives (where is that?) but you should be aware that the way of life here in Turkey is completely different to the U.

S. You will be expected to obey him, you will be a second class citizen in a male dominated country and you will probably be systematically milked of a lot if not all of your money. When you have provided him with a U.

S. visa he'll disappear and you may well suffer physical abuse into the bargain. Read the other posts in this part of the forum, the divorce ones, and you'll see that this happens a lot, these are only the tip of the iceberg and there are plenty of other forums where awful stories are told. The successful marriages between foreign women and Turkish men are very few and far between and usually have problems associated with them anyway. Some of the ladies who have posted above are or have been married to Turkish men, they know what they are talking about and are trying very gently to warn you. I'm a bit more blunt I'm afraid and I think you should know how dangerous the situation is. Make no mistake, your chances of success are very slim, but I would love to see a post in a few months time telling me how wrong I was.