Sign in to follow this  
peanuthead

I Love This Site (Question Re: Work Permit Or Partnership)

Rate this topic

Hi, I have found the topics discussed on here invaluable as I am hoping to spend a few months in turkey next year. I have really found the info about work permits useful, I tried to find a link to what I can actually do. I was hoping to work with my turkish friend in the leisure and tourism industry. if I cant get a permit to work for him but become a business partner legally, can I then work with him for the season?Thank you so much

Glad to hear you are finding the forum useful. Even if you become a business partner you will still need a work permit and would advise against it unless you are 1000 % sure of them as we have seen a lot of people lose money that way. Getting a WP in the leisure and tourism industry isn't always easy, what sort of thing were you thinking of doing?.

Probably there aren't many English people doing it because they can't get a Work Permit. Work permits are hard to get because if a Turk can do the job they get first choice. If you set up your own business you need to hire at least 5 Turk to get a work permit. The other way of getting a WP is to work for a large international company who are allowed to hire a certain amount of foreigners.I will say that the process of getting the work permit is easy but it's just finding the job that you will allow you to get one that is the problem.If you are thinking of opening your own business you could get in touch with theTurkish/British Chamber of Commerce here is a link

Hi Abi,I,ve been reading your posts and comments all over this forum and I really think that you know what you are talking about, so the question is if I cannot work for my own company unless I hired 5 Turks then what are my responsibilities as an owner! Who will run my business and takes the decisions? How deep I can be involved in my own company???ThanksSam...