thomasarm

American Man Dating Turkish Woman

Rate this topic

Thomasarm,  I've followed your story from the first post & I must say how much I admire your patience & perseverance.  You've also been very considerate of all our various opinions & advice, reacting very graciously even if comments might have been a bit discouraging or negative.  Now at last after about 6 years you are set to marry Seda, and I wish you both the very best for your future together. :)

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:58, Meral said:

Thomasarm,  I've followed your story from the first post & I must say how much I admire your patience & perseverance.  You've also been very considerate of all our various opinions & advice, reacting very graciously even if comments might have been a bit discouraging or negative.  Now at last after about 6 years you are set to marry Seda, and I wish you both the very best for your future together. :)

Meral--Thank you so much for your support and encouragement--it means a lot to me.

Seda and I have been happily married since February 10th --so far, so good!

We are fast approaching our "second wedding" in America--which is really just a reception for my friends and family who weren't there to celebrate in Turkey. The best part? My Mother and Father in law are coming! It will be their first time in America and they'll be here for nearly two weeks. I couldn't be more excited. It seems strange that not too long ago we weren't sure if Seda's mother would ever accept our relationship, now we get along great and she's traveling across the world to be their at our wedding reception. Life is so weird and interesting--anything is possible if you want it bad enough.

This community has been instrumental in providing me with guidance throughout this journey. A big thanks to all on here--even the haters! =D

I've included a picture of Seda and I from our wedding in Samsun.

Take care everyone!

weddingpic.jpg