Sign in to follow this  
hungrykoi

Dogs And Renting

Rate this topic

HiWe are retiring in Turkey in late September and our friend is letting us use his place until we find a nice home to rentI have spoken to two agents out there and both say its hard work finding a rental that will take the two small poodles we haveWe are looking at a very long term house/apartment with a gardenIs this the norm ?Will we find a home that will take our dogs ?Thanks Keith & Trisha

I suppose a lot of that depends on where you're looking... i know that here in bahçeşehir (far western suburb of Istanbul, near Buyukçekmece) there are very few apartments with gardens, but there are lots of people with dogs (both large and small) in their apartments... they just take them to the parks to run around and take care of business, as it were (one of the teachers I work with actually has her chihuahua trained to use a cat box!).

I suppose a lot of that depends on where you're looking... i know that here in bahçeşehir (far western suburb of Istanbul, near Buyukçekmece) there are very few apartments with gardens, but there are lots of people with dogs (both large and small) in their apartments... they just take them to the parks to run around and take care of business, as it were (one of the teachers I work with actually has her chihuahua trained to use a cat box!).

Many thanksI forgot to put we are looking in Didim to rentKeith & Trisha

You will find places that allow pets but I think you are probably better off looking when you are here so the agency or landlords can see your dogs.x

Thanks SamWe are leaving everything here in the UK. Friends. Family. Jobs. Home. etc we will have nothing to go back to if it goes wrongTrisha and I will sleep on the beach if we have to but the dogs have to come with us they are our babies Hate to get there and can't get a rentalWe just need to cover everythingKeith & Trisha xxxx

There are a lot of British owners in the Didim area who are likely to have a different attitude to dogs than most Turkish people, so hopefully you will be lucky.

Well, the good news is that we've rented our house in Turkey on a long-term lease to the owners of 5 dogs.You're more likely to be successful in finding the right landlord if you concentrate on Expat / European owners, as the majority of Turkish owners will probably be Muslim and therefore not so inclined to be dog-lovers.