Searching For A Good Bayan Kuafor

Rate this topic

koSmicA

• 1 month later...

I went to London yesterday and to see a 2.30pm show and then an 8pm show so had a few hours to kill in between and thought I would get my hair done - colour, cut, shampoo and blow dry - but shocked when it came to £123 - ok it was on Shaftesbury Avenue right in theatre land and it was very good but if only I could have waited another 3 weeks to when I am back in Side.

Any luck with the English hairdresser there?

PS: The £123 is more than double the cost of my flight back to Side from Cardiff which I bought this time for only £46 !!!

I'm surprised you only paid £123 in London as I know people who have paid over £200 for the same thing, so I think you did well. But of course in the UK the rents are a lot higher especially in London and they pay their staff more than they do in Turkey. Last year I had my hair done in the UK it cost me nearly £100 and I nearly fell over when they told me.

Hope you enjoyed the shows, you certainly had a busy day :)

I've got to find myself another hairdresser as my stupid man got himself arrested for selling marijuana! Posted Image (not to me)

Yes thanks Abi - I had a great day in London - went to see One Man and Two Guvnors at the Haymarket with Jodie Prenger - the girl who won the Nancy show for Andrew Lloyd Webber. It was a bit of a farce and lots of running in and out of doors across the stage - a bit silly really but raised a smile or two. Then in the evening I saw Thriller Live which was the music of Michael Jackson - lots of dancing in the aisles and a great little 12 year old guy who acted as Michael in his younger days, along with 4 x look alikes in his older years - fabulous and would highly recommend it.

But you still can't beat the Side Amphitheatre for acoustics and outdoor entertainment - am looking forward to 30th September there for their Finale for the summer season.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey just thought i would let everyone know, i went to the new hairdressers opposite genclek merkezi today, its called Ankara Kaufor and i thought it was really good! They done mine and my husbands hair really well and i got a good blowdry too :D

• 2 months later...

There is an English hairdresser in the Sorgun Forest area just next to the Otogar there. She used to work in a top salon in Oxford Street, London and is the best İ have ever tried. She is the only hairdresser who explained to me how very bad bleach is for the hair here as it is so very strong - so she used tint on top of mine and says after 3 x goes (once a month) my hair will become 100% more manageable. Cost of colour and blow dry was 70 TL. Her name is Faye and she is from Southampton but has lived in the Side area for 4 years and also speaks fluent Turkish - phone Faye on 05413-327-368

Sounds like it's worth a trip to Side just for that. I went here last week and I'm not a happy bunny! :(