Searching For A Good Bayan Kuafor

Rate this topic

Hi girls,Im writting tonight because im planning to cut my hair. Im new here in Side and I would like to knowif you guys have any recommendations for me about a good price/service bayan kuafor. I have seen many but i would like to explain them what i want etc in english ..

Any suggestions?

Thank You :)Leah

I don't live in Side so I'm afraid I cant help you but don't expect wonders as there aren't many good ladies hairdressers. I've lived here 20+ years and I still haven't found one, neither have I found one that speaks English.

Hey both of you and welcome to the forum, i have just returned to side from a little holiday in nigde. İ must say i am still looking for a good hairdressers, i found a few and then they closed down and there are sooo manu bad hair dressers. İ would advice in no circumstance to use the hairdressers on kemal street, i don't remember the name but its red outside, my friend got locked in there last year and flashed too, luckily she managed to get away as the guy was drunk too.

If you find a good one then please let me know as soon I will need a cut again. Also if either of you fancy meeting up then just pm me as it would be great to make some more friends in side xxx

Hello Swabs et al - sorry to have missed you - I flew back from Side to England yesterday and won't be back again until 8th September but I do have a superb hairdresser I can highly recommend - I had my hair shampooed and blown dry and my feet done too last week and the total price was 35 TL. Her name is Azeme - she does the ladies hair and her husband does men's hair. She speaks a little English but mostly German and Turkish.

If you know Cheers Bar (opposite the big Side Prenses Hotel), then come out the door and turn right one block and you will see it there - it just says FRISEUR on the door and PEDICURE and MANICURE - it is on the Side to Kumkoy road. I have been having my hair done by her for 7 years and would not go to anybody else in Side.

Meant to say - Yes I'd love to meet you all - will be in Side near Cheers Bar from 8th September until 23rd December next time - let me know nearer the time. All best wishes Angela x

Hi Girls - So last night i took my Mum to the place that Angela recommended - the place near to Princess hotel and Cheers bar.

They were very good and did a good job on my Mums hair.

She had a full colour, and then full head high lights, cut and blow dry for 185 lira.

The lady Azeme works really hard and my Mums hair looks really good.

So my Mum would highly recommend her too - Im gonna go there tonight to get my hair blow dried as they did such good job.

The only things is that they use hobby shampoo and conditioner which isnt the best of quality - but everything else seems great!

So hopefully i have found a good hairdressers! lol x

That's good news and thanks for posting. I have used Hobby shampoo and conditioner before and agree it's not very good. It will be interesting to hear how much your blow dry will cost, will that include washing it as well?.

Hello Natalie - I'm so glad you were pleased with Azeme - as you say, she is a very hard worker and seems to care about how she does the hair a lot. I am so lucky - my apartment is just behind Cheers Bar near where she works, so very handy for me.

A hair wash and blow dry should cost you 15 TL with Azeme. She is also very good at doing feet and nails. And her husband does my partner's hair very well too. He also gets his ears clipped and his nose hairs and eyebrows for no extra charge. I hope we can meet up when Mike and I return to Side on 9th September or soon thereafter. All best wishes Angela x

Hate the idea of anyone 'doing' my feet, besides,they always cut the nails round instead of straight.

Glad you've found a decent hairdresser. What's her cutting like?

Ok well i did go the get my hair blow dried and the boy who did it was good although completely forget to trim it as we asked - but i guess they were in a rush.... although give him credit he did a good job with the blow dry.

But the day after my Mum got her hair done there - we discovered that as they washed out the bleach from her hair - it must have all ran down her back as they washed the bleach out as the back of her tshirt was completely bleached!!!! We didnt notice that night as they didnt finished till 11pm and we went straight to sleep when we got home.

But after i had posted on here she found her tshirt that she wore that evening with huge long oval bleach mark on the back!!

Luckily it didnt burn her skin on the back or soemthing and that it wasnt a favourite tshirt - and we didnt mention it - as they must have seen it as they were behind her while doing her hair!

Although its was a mistake and luckily not an important tshirt - i just dont think ill get my hair coloured there....

But i have met someone who has just moved here that is a hairdresser - so i will let you know if you want to get your hair done with someone who speak English lol xx

Thankfully no harm was done to your mum, but as you say they should have noticed, and if they didn't they were being very lax whilst they were washing as she could have suffered an injury. I thought the price of the colouring was expensive too.

Even though they may have been rushed off their feet they shouldn't have forgotten to trim your hair.

I agree that was very lax and shouldn't have happened. My hairdresser here USUALLY colours my hair well (without ruining my t-shirt) but his cutting (and every other hairdresser I've been to here in T) is hit and miss.

The one I took Abi to when she first moved here have moved to Izmir and they were definatly the best.

Oh no, Posted Image that is a great pity as he was excellent, and so was his wife that did the other things.Posted Image

Sam, Where is Bulent located and are his prices reasonable?

He used to charge about 45tl for colouring but that was a while ago. I haven't been to him for a year or two because I was not happy with the way he cut my hair and his colouring was a bit slap-dash!

The problem is with the hairdressers is that sometimes they cut well but they are not consistent. I agree with you Sam, blond wouldn't be right for you. :)