Importing A V12 Bmw 760I Engine. Is It Possible?

Rate this topic

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this site, however I have used it on many occasions to learn all the ins and outs most people suffer from Turkey's importing and exporting regulations.

I'd like to ask if I could import a V12 BMW 760i engine into Turkey. It would be coming into Turkey along with other items from the U.

S.

The reason why I am asking is because I am currently finishing my kit car project and I'd like to buy the engine in America for obvious reasons, the price.

However, would buying the engine abroad class it as a foreign vehicle?

And would I be able to register it in Turkey?

Welcome to the forum BlakeBull. I'm afraid I haven't got time to search through the website but it is in English so perhaps you will be able to find the information about the engine: DEAD LINK.

Moderator note: The dead link went to the old Turkish customs website, which has been replaced by this one:

http://www.gtb.gov.tr/

Unfortunately the new customs website has no English option.

• 5 weeks later...

You can. You can bring anything, but they WILL TAX your ass.

Your much better off anyway, going to Germany and bringing it 10x cheaper freight. and probably cheaper then the U.

S. too!

It wouldn't be worth it as petrol prices are sky rocket here compared to any country ive ever been too..