Sign in to follow this  
libbyxoakdogan

Dental Care In Turkey

Rate this topic

Kaan needs to go to the dentist for a check up, and we reckon he'll need a filling or two done as well. I've never been to a dentist in Turkey before, but roughly, how much is it for a check up? Are the dentists in Turkey expensive or quite reasonable? I know one of my Mum's friends had some work done a few years ago, can't remember what exactly, but it only cost her about £14. Anybody know any current prices?

Doesn't he get it for free since he's in the Army?

Also if he has 'National Insurance' he can get it free at the Devlet Hastanesi.

I'm not sure. I don't think he does, cause he had to go to the hospital around February time and he didn't get that free, so don't know. But think he'd prefer to go in February so I can be there with him so by that time his national service would have finished :)Oh really Sunny? I'll have to find that out :)

I would be very surprised if he has to pay for any treatment in hospitals or dentists since he's in the army. Has he told you he has to pay? And have you given him any money for it?

Yeah, he went in, but now you mention it, not sure if it was the actual check up he paid for, but definitely know he had to pay for the tablets etc to make him better. Plus he got 2 days of bed rest which he was very grateful for....and so was I, more time to talk lol :) And yeah, I sent him over £10 which was about 25TL then, and I think he only had about 5TL change.