Sign in to follow this  
libbyxoakdogan

My Wedding Photos.

Rate this topic

Hopefully, this is going to work and let me upload them!!

Posted Image

Our families :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Me with my husband and my bridesmaid

Posted Image

Us with Kaan's parents and my parents

Posted Image

I have so many more pictures as well, but I won't upload all of the, as it'll just take up too much room :P

fab, Libby, you look gorgeous, and SO happy, congratulations.

And I think it's safe to say you got your cake sorted!!! - it's amazing!!

Lots of luck for your future xxx

Absolutely fabulous photo's Libby you look stunning. As already said your dress is beautiful, the cake is HUGE, did it all get eaten? lol. I noticed you even had indoor fireworks as well.

Once again many congratulations and hope you have many, many happy years together.

Hello Libby,Wishing you n your hubby Health,Wealth n Happiness for the rest of your lives together.

Great pics of your Wedding Day.

You certainly were a Princess for The Day,fabulous dress Libby !!!

That was some cake!

Lovely photos, you look fantastic. Your dress is so beautiful.

I wish you a long and very happy life together.

Congratulations Libby ! You look fantastic, and so does Kaan. I haven't been able to access the forum for ages but was wondering how your wedding went. Great photos too, and what a huge wedding cake ! I wish you a long & happy life together.................Posted Image

Thank you everyone! :) I just can't believe, after 5 months of getting everything ready for the wedding, that in the matter of a few hours, it was over with. But yes, we definitely got the cake sorted....funny thing was, they said it was included in the price, so you'd think you'd get to eat the whole thing, or at least take some away with you, right? Wrong. Just before we pretended to cut it, the man told us that if we actually want the cake, it will cost us an extra 100TL, but when he said that, we thought he meant the whole thing...or at least as much as we could eat Posted Image So we agreed, and then pretended to cut it for the pictures....they then brought out the tiniest little squares of the cake, literally just little cubes of it, and passed them round to each table. No icing, no real slices, nothing. Just these tiny little squares. And it wasn't until we got to Marmaris, and we were uploading the pictures on the laptop - my Mum couldn't wait for me to get back before they went on Facebook!! - that we realised we'd paid money for a cake we'd barely even got.

But hey, always a lesson learnt in Turkey! lol.

A friend brought one from the UK along with marzipan and ready icing and decorated it herself.

Congratulations Libby, beautiful photos, you look stunning! Wishing you and your husband every happiness. The cake was certainly impresive, just wondered, was the whole thing real? Thought if it were only the bottom one that was actually cake might explain why you and your guests only got a sparrows eye full!

Take care.

Not sure if it was real or not, I highly doubt it Carlan, but it's annoyed us that we had to pay extra money for it! We never actually got to see them cut it or anything, due to them taking it in the back, so not sure, but even Kaan agrees, in Turkey, most businesses will do anything for extra cash in their pocket! Even at the hairdressers that morning, his sister had brought in a bouquet of flowers she'd made herself at the floral shop she works at, and when we were ready to go, the hairdressers had hid them. Once Kaan and his brother in law arrived to come and pick us up and quickly take us home - by this time, we only had about an hour to all get changed, get me into my dress and get into the car to make our way to the venue - and the hairdressers called me over, gave me the flowers back but then held onto my arms so I couldn't leave. Kaan then had to pay them 50TL just to let me go!! Then, the people who worked at the wedding place, not only kept adding an extra 100TL here and there onto the bill, but they wanted a tip from my Dad and Kaan's Dad....

I think they had to give at least 50TL each. And then, 4 of Kaan's friends were standing outside by our car - one of which I have the biggest hatred for - and they were picking flowers off of the car, which Kaan had spent most of the morning decorating - and wouldn't leave until they'd been paid money....and we couldn't even drive away because they were standing right in front of the car. Kaan tried to explain that this is something that happens in Turkish weddings, but still to this day, I don't understand why. But apart from that, it was a really amazing day and can't believe how fast it was over with!

Hi Libby,

my goodness, what strange goings on! It might be how they do things at Turkish weddings but it sounds more like daylight robbery to me!

Still, you have some wonderful memories of your special day to treasure forever.

Take care.

Can definitely agree with that Carlan, daylight robbery!! Ha ha :) But it all makes our wedding that more special, all these little stories and memories we have. And thank you aderb :)

Thank you so much Martyna :) Yeah, it was a really amazing day and would happily do it again - minus the stress of organising it again lol! :P