Sign in to follow this  
emily.37643

Public Library In Istanbul?

Rate this topic

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a public library in Istanbul? I have a residence permit, so I'd like to check out some books. BUT I guess I would be satisfied by just having a place to hang out and read, too.

As a note, I'm not a student.

There's a public library in Antalya just opened next to the glass pyramid, we have all borrowed some good books from there. Not much use to someone in istanbul, I know, but they do exist.

Hope this may help, too, Alayavie.

Çelik Gülersoy Kütüphanesi, Soğukçeşme Sokak, Sultanahmet. Tel: (212) 512 57 30 is one of the most important libraries in İstanbul and open to the public on Mondays and Fridays from 10.00 - 16.30.

Beyazit State Library Another principal library of the city but I understand foreigners are still only allowed in by permission. This permission can be obtained by writing to "Kültür Bakanlığı, Kütüphaneler Genel Müdürlügü, Necatibey Caddesi 55, Sihhiye, Ankara. The library is open Monday to Saturday 08.30 - 17.00 at Imaret Sokak 18-20, Beyazit Tel: (212) 522 31 67.