Sign in to follow this  
libbyxoakdogan

Just A Quick Update.

Rate this topic

Hey everyone! :)

This post isn't really anything important, just a quick update on how everything is coming along for the wedding.

My certificate of no impediment arrived in the post yesterday, so it's now official that this little lady is getting married on the 19th May! Posted Image

My dress has also arrived at the shop now, and on Wednesday I'm going shopping to get my shoes and underwear and then popping into the shop to make an appointment for my first fitting. Also, when I got home from work yesterday, my parents had been to Meadowhall during the day and brought me the nicest earrings and necklace from the Swarovski Crystal shop, which was the nicest surprise.

The venue is also all booked now. We're getting married at 1pm and it will finish at about 4.30pm. Then during the evening, my family and Kaan's family, together with both myself and Kaan, are all going to go out somewhere for a nice meal and a couple of drinks to celebrate.

Paid the deposit for the hotel in Marmaris yesterday as well, ready for our honeymoon. So looking forward to the honeymoon, I've been wanting to go to Marmaris for so long, and we're finally going to spend 2 weeks there. It'll be nice being in a resort and not having to work, just relax and have a proper holiday :)

Kaan has told me his eldest sister has also been going around Izmir asking salons if they can do my hair and make-up for the wedding and how much it will cost etc, which is really nice of her :)

Sorry for the pointless ramble :P Everything is happily coming together now. We only need to get Kaan's suit which I am getting from him - all except the shoes, cause we both agreed he's going to need to try them on first as they'll feel much different to his normal trainers etc - and that is pretty much it. Oh, my parents need to book themselves into a hotel in Izmir for the week they are there...they didn't want to stay at Kaan's sister's house as they don't know them that well, and I can imagine they would feel a bit uncomfortable, especially when it comes to showers etc.

I'm so glad we've finally just about got everything sorted...we only have 28 days to go - can't believe how fast it's come around!! I should have listened to you all when I first joined back in November, when you told me to just sit it out and it'll be over with in a flash! I truly believe it will be now :)

My hen night is in 13 days time as well which I can't wait for...

I've not had a night out since last summer, and I made sure to pre-warn Kaan today, because we know what these Turkish can be like lol :P But when I explained what a hen night is and that it's only girl's going out, he was relieved...

I think it helped I told him we were going to a gay club as well :P Ha ha!

Anyway, again sorry for the ramble, just thought I'd give you all a "quick" update on how everything is coming along :)

I'd also like to thank everyone who has given me help and advice towards the wedding. Also, everyone who has made me feel better about Kaan being in the army and helped me get through these first 5 months...

I'll be needing it all again once I get back on the 6th June, I'll be in a right state then!!

Thanks for the update as I was wondering how the preparations were going. You never mentioned the cake?. I'm glad to hear that we were able to support you and will obviously continue to do so. :) :)

Ah yeah, I thought I'd missed something out Abi! The cake comes included in the price at the venue, so once we get there on the 15th...even though it'll be late at night, so it'll be on the 16th when we'll go to see them, we'll talk about the cake and hopefully get to choose how we want it, what colour etc :) Vic801 exactly, roll on 19th May!! Now all that's left is to lose these last 7lbs - working out at the gym like I've never worked before :P And thank you Aston! :) xox

Its good to hear how all the preparations are coming along and that you have managed to stop freaking out now :P I know you are really excited and I bet on the day it will be better than you ever even accepted!!!

I know what you mean with regards to the hen party and, I told Haluk about a month and a half ago, he was fine about it...

I tried slipping in about strippers and that was a no go, he thought i was joking and said o ok I will have 2 belly dancers, as its normal in England i just said ok no problem...

Then he was like no no no you cannot do that please don't haha. So told all my best friend and sister NO strippers as I know what they are like!! Instead just a fun weekend away with my friends before i fly back!

I look forward to seeing all your pictures and hearing how everything went!! Will be nice as ill look forward to yours and then not long after ill be flying myself! Also its nice that your going on your honeymoon straight away!! I guess something you probably wouldn't have been able to do if he wasn't in army. We have to wait until end of season to go to EgyptGood luck xx

Thank you for the update. It's good to hear that everything is falling into place.

We told you it wouldn't take long!!

And he'll soon be away from all those smelly socks and back with you - yipeee!!

I'm so glad it's all coming together for you, don't get stressed at the end - it can get a bit like that with everyone offering their 5 pence worth! Really excited for you! Xxx

Ahududu yeah, I can remember you were all telling me how short it'll feel! And it really does, so thank you :)I can remember when it was the 1st of April, and I was saying, "YAY back with Kaan next month....but this month is going to drag." and now we only have one week left in April, it's crazy! :DYeah, I'll definitely try not to! No promises for when I get to Izmir though, and having to go to the embassy etc. I'll probably have a massive breakdown or something and refuse to even sit down for 5 minutes before it's all done :P xxx

Libby, what are we going to do once you are married ? I will miss your posts stressing about everything Posted Image Please keep us up to date with the next phase in your life , oh but wait we have the wedding to get through first !! Just joking libby , I know you will be fine with no massive breakdown. Not long now Posted Image

One thing Libby to watch out for, after you have said evet several times be prepared to have him tread on your foot at the end, maybe you can do it first. It just means that who ever gets it in first will be the ruler in the marriage. Don't know if he will do it as I guess it depends on what they do in the region but it did happen to me and I wasn't expecting it, but everyone clapped.

Hahaha ive never heard of that and Haluk has never told me about it, however he always says to me that he doesnt really know much about weddings....

Ill have to watch out for it in June!! xx

Aston, don't worry, I'll be on here even more once I get back, being all depressed about having to be away from Kaan again....so more stressed up posts :P Plus I'll need to show you all my wedding pictures when I get back :D Ha ha I've been practicing Evet, just to make sure I sound right and don't make a fool of myself xD LOL. But yeah, I've been told about that standing on the foot thing...

Kaan has never mentioned it though, it was someone who got married a few years ago to a Turkish man. But Kaan's family aren't very religious, so I don't know if they'll do it? I'll have to wait and see....try and get in there first :P

I think it's quite common. I was urged to do it by friends at my wedding. Mr Sunny didn't remember until it was too late. :D

Well even if Kaan does stand on my foot, he knows I wear the trousers in this relationship :P ha ha