Sign in to follow this  
libbyxoakdogan

Question About The Marriage Certificate!

Rate this topic

As most of you know, I put my marriage certificate up at the register office on the 22nd of last month! When they asked for a time I put down around 6pm because that was the time me and Kaan had spoke about a few weeks before hand. But we've had a little glitch today about the venue! The time we wanted is already booked up, but they are available during the day. Now, neither of us are bothered about what time the wedding is held, and thinking about it, a day wedding will be nicer because then we can just spend the night with my family and Kaan's family properly before we go away. So, if we changed the wedding to earlier on in the day, does the fact that I have 6pm on my certificate make a difference? Or doesn't it matter? I obviously don't want Kaan to book anywhere until I know whether the time will cause a problem!

Even though you want to change the day and time I don't think it will matter. When I got married over 11 years ago I actually got married 3 days later than I said at the time I applied, but if you want to be absolutely sure ring the British Consulate in Izmir as they will be able to put your mind at rest. Posted Image

It shouldnt matter as all that Turkey want to see is that the certificate is under 6 months old to prove that you are not already married. I hope everything else goes to plan, not long till you shall be flying over for your wedding :) xx

A Certificate of No Impediment is a legal document that proves that you are free to marry and that there are no obligations that would affect you both saying yes on your special day.

If you look at your Certificate of no impediment it says " Locality in which the marriage will be solemnized" It does not require a time place or date just the locality where the marriage will take place for example Izmir Turkey. I am sure Libby everything will be fine for your special day

I agree with the others. The most important thing is that the Belediye official who will be marrying you knows the right time and place.

Okay! Thank you everyone :) Definitely put my mind at ease! Kaan will be ringing the venue up again tomorrow to book it! At least that's one more thing ticked off the list of things to do!