Renting an Apartment in Antalya

Rate this topic

Margo

I'm looking for accommodation in May, a one bedroom place either near the mountains or somewhere in walking distance to the beach. Just wondering if anyone can suggest a place. Also wondering what the cost per month might be. I'll need it for a minimum of 6 months.

I've just written to you but I think I pressed the wrong key so am writing again.

You want a 1-bedroom flat near the mountains or beach in Antalya as from May and I'm sure I can help you.

I'm English and have a small real-estate business here in Antalya - in Kundu.

I presume you are looking for a furnished flat?

A furnished flat over in Konyaalti - the west side where the mountains are - start at APPROX 700TL - 800TL a month.

If you want I can help you and when you come perhaps we could also drink a coffee together!

Best wishes,

Jade

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not Margo nor Ciarak but I have been living here in Antalya since 1999 and I'm getting on very well. I taught in Istanbul for a few years before moving down here where the climate is so much better - in fact, July and August are unbearably hot months but the rest of the year is mild USUALLY - this winter was an exception - it was a long, cold and wet winter here this year.

I taught here at several private schools and in a few dershani and kindergartens and now teach here privately - and that is also going very well. My business partner and I opened up a real-estate office in December last year so during the day I'm here in the office.

I would say the most important thing here is, if you're still working, to find a decent job where the salary is good enough to live on and to make sure that the company you work for gets you a work permit - have it put in writing before signing any contracts otherwise the promises might not be carried through.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, please contact me.

By the way I am organizing a get-together this Sunday, April 15th 2012 in front of the CLOCK TOWER at the entrance to Kale Ici at 1 pm if you are here and would like to join us.

Let's see how many people come!

• 5 weeks later...

As You live in Turkey since a long time, I'm contacting you, regarding renting a flat in Antalya, which doesn't cost much.

At the same time I'd like to know, where there will be available job vacancies (in hotels and/or shops) around the rented flat.

I'm looking for job for my cousins (who are 19-20 years old).

Unless your cousins are Turkish there is no chance of them getting one for that sort of work in Antalya because they would need to get a work permit. Work permits for that type of work are impossible to get as it is work that Turks can do.

Abi is right. For any work that can be done by a Turk, work permits would not be given and if they work without them they can be deported within 24 hours and banned from returning to Turkey for 5 years.

I can find you a flat but your relatives will NOT get work permits.

If you are still interested in coming please contact me. Flats start around 500 TL a month - that's the cheapest rate available.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will be looking for a Villa to buy but meanwhile want to take my time so I can get the best deal and a house that I would love to buy and live in.

What a two bedroom apartment would run me a month? It doesn't have to be in the center of town. I would say in a quiet place because I will buy a car so I can look around for a place to buy .

Mainly monthly rental month to month and what other expense do I need to expect ?

Good news hope you did a good decision. When I move I will see what's good to me and my money and if I have to I will move to the place that I can afford and love good as you did. And I will check out the city you moving to and read about it , after you get settled please keep me posted on how things goes ! I wish you a safe trip and all the best and Ramadan Karim.