Sign in to follow this  
libbyxoakdogan

How Long Do The Embassy Want The Marriage Visa Valid For?

Rate this topic

On the 22nd March, I'm going to the council to get my certificate of no impediment and I was just wondering, how long do the Turkish embassy require it to be valid for? Cause I know my friends have been given them for 6 months, but cause they asked me, I'm not sure what to say. And as I can't get hold of the embassy, could anybody answer this for me please? Plus, if it is a 6 month stamp, then what happens when it needs renewing as it will run out in about December and Kaan doesn't finish the army till February, so what happens?

Libby aren't you getting married in May this year or have you changed the date?. The CONI is to prove you are single so that you can get married and has to be handed in and will be kept where you register to get married, you won't need it again once you are married. Do I sense a bit of panic going on??????? Posted Image

I know what your talking about Libby, many different people say different things, my registery office said it doesnt run out as long as you are marrying in the same place to the same person, but then i have heard so many people say it will run out in 6 months etc. Thats why ive planned to get a new one this year as it will be over a year old.

Although you dont have anything to worry about, you are getting it in march and marrying in may, that is such short time that there will be no problem! As abi said :) xx

Abi is right Libby, The certificate of no impediment is only used to to show you are free to marry. Once you are married you won;t need it any more. It never needs renewing. Looks like pre wedding panic Posted Image is setting in. Everyone is here for you Libby I am sure there is an awful lot of wedding experience on this forum x.

The certificate of no impedimend is not a Marriage Visa it is just a document to say that there is no obstruction to your planned marrige.

The English authorities do not put an expirery date on the certificate of no impediment but the Turkish authorities only recognise the certificate as being valid for six months from date of issue.

The details can be found here: http://www.turkishco...ce.asp?

PageID=1

I was intending to get married in Turkey and we had everything planned, flights booked, honeymoon in Cyprus booked, however my local registry office in the UK was in the process of moving to a new location and my application for a certificate of no impediment went missing and by the time I realised that I did not have it it was too late. We went ahead with the wedding party and honeymoon, just did not hav the civil ceremony. While we were in Cyprus we went to the british consul and organised a Fiancee Visa for my girlfriend to come to England to get married. We lived in England for three years and moved to Turkey a couple of years ago.

Yeah, I just realised what I'd ask! I think I was in a complete panic when I posted that! I'd just got off the phone to the registry office and I was like, oh no what do I do?! But then somebody told me on facebook it means it has to be valid from the date of issue for 6 months and I was like, ah okay! With only 10 weeks to go, expect a lot of pre wedding panic on here :P xxx