Sign in to follow this  
libbyxoakdogan

Sending Letters To And From Turkey.

Rate this topic

from Turkey to UK usually less than a week, from UK to Turkey anywhere from a week to "you'll never see it". It seems to me that Christmas cards are the worst and I often get them in February or March.

I received mail from the UK on January 25th. One was posted on the 8th, one on the 11th and one on the 16th but they all arrived together.To the UK it usually takes about 5 days.

Oh okay, that's great!! Kaan is sending me over the sim card he's got from our old phone, so that I can use it in my English phone, a way of Kaan being able to contact me whilst I'm in Izmir, before he arrives in May. Obviously wanted to make sure it arrived before May :') Ha ha.

Remember that you will have to get your UK phone registered or it will blocked after a month and won't even work here with your UK sim.

See i posted a package to turkey, the women said it would take 7 days so i thought hmm 2 weeks then, but 4 days later haluks parents recieved it :D was very impressed!!When i was waiting for my birthday cards, some took 2/3 weeks and others took 7 days so it depends what postage you send it xxx

Yeah, Cukurbagli, I'm only going to be using that sim in my phone for about 3 days once I arrive in Izmir, but I'll make sure to get my phone registered just in case :)Yeah, I guess so Swabs :) I hope it gets here pretty fast, as Kaan is going to be sending a couple of letters he's written along with it...I'll be waiting by the door for the postman everyday until I get my letters :') xxx

It seems some cities are better than others. I posted some documents to the UK using Ankara PTT registered mail. I got a barcode to keep track of it. I never did keep track of it lol & it arrived after 10 days to the UK. I once posted a card to the Uk from Izmir & it took 6 weeks to get there.

... I guess that's why it's called "snail mail!" Posted Image