Sign in to follow this  
Sunny

Earthquake

Rate this topic

Earthquakes have been reported in the Aegean sea off Didim. One of 4.4 at 7.43pm and 3.9 at 9.06pm.

Our building shook quite violently but nothing rattled. As i've stated on a couple of other Forums, it didn't feel like a proper earthquake as there was no pressure before the event.

Les

I hope you don't have any more.

Thank you sunny, we hope the same. We were told a long time ago that this area doesn't usually get earthquakes but that seems to have been turned on its head !! Thankfully there's been no reports of injuries or structural damage.

Les

I'm glad to hear that.

It was 3.7 and the centre was at Kavakdere - Seferihiar near Izmir.

Thank you for the information sunny, I was beginning to think I was imagining it happening as there has been no mention on the two other websites/forums that I frequent.

Les

Les if you ever want to check out earthquake tremors out click in the link below. You will find even if they are a distance away if it's fairly close to the surface you are more likely to feel it especially if it's strong.

If you look under the picture when you open the link you will see a list of the places etc. Van even now is still having small tremors daily.http://www.koeri.bou...p/en/index.html