Sign in to follow this  
Sunny

Water And Electric Bills

Rate this topic

On our water bill today and Abi's there seems to be a couple of new lines saying we now have to pay 'evsel katı atık' which is municiple solid waste plus KDV. I don't know if this is a set amount for everyone or a percentage.Ours was 10 + 1 tl.Also my husband tells me that there will be an increase on electricity bills apparently to pay for the electricity of those who steal electricity! We will wait to see if this is true!

Also my husband tells me that there will be an increase on electricity bills apparently to pay for the electricity of those who steal electricity! We will wait to see if this is true!

They have been doing this round here for ages. Look on your bill and see if there is an item KK, stands for kaçak kullanım, it is calculated as the amount of electricity the company says was taken from the system but not through meters divided by the total number of subscribers!

It will be interesting to see if it's just our area or if other areas are doing the same. I wasn't impressed when I saw my water bill and compared it will last months. Last month it was 8.44TL, this month I noticed the water prices has gone up by 2 kurus which wasn't the end of the world but then noticed a new section has been added which should the extra 10tl. So this month although I had used the same amount of water my new bill was 20.29tl. I was not impressed. Posted Image Posted Image

We hadn't our electric meters read yet this month but will look out for that Fil

I don't get my meters read monthly, it's anywhere between three months and six months for electricity and water. My water bill that I had a couple of days ago didn't have any extra charges, just water at 1.10TL per cubic metre so my bill for three months was 13.20TL

By the way, when I pay my bill why can't they put the paper in the printer so that all the numbers on the receipt are printed ON THE CORRECT LINE!!! Posted Image

''By the way, when I pay my bill why can't they put the paper in the printer so that all the numbers on the receipt are printed ON THE CORRECT LINE!!! Posted Image''

and for those of us who are anal enough to file stuff can you imagine the horror mid filing that none of it makes any sense anyway?! i give up..in fact just found some old ones from an old flat and only 2 out of 12 were in line and made sense!? manuel v makina :-)

sounds like a crap title to a film i should direct..

Wow, you actually got 2 out of 12!!! Well, I admit I am one of those anal people who do file everything, all in colour-coded files, it sort of soothes the nerves, and I still haven't found a single one that is printed on the right line over the last 2 years. It obviously is a skill perfected to an art. No wonder they need to retire at 40!

Posted Image You aren't alone Vic as I also file everything in colour coded files, I also have an A - Z file where I put all my instruction books for anything I buy so I know where they are if I need to refer to one.

They have been doing this round here for ages. Look on your bill and see if there is an item KK, stands for kaçak kullanım, it is calculated as the amount of electricity the company says was taken from the system but not through meters divided by the total number of subscribers!

I was outraged at this and checked our bills -- the KK has been appearing since April 2011. So I googled it, and sure enough, people are up in arms because it's illegal. Several sources have said customers can complain and have it stopped, and get a refund. There's even an örnek dilekçe provided which conveniently quotes the right section of the law.

Today I went to our local Kaymakam's office and was told the numbers of people lodging complaints is increasing. They gave me a different form to complete, in which we have to write our own freehand dilekçe and provide copies of all the past bills. KDV paid on those amounts is lost forever apparently. We'll do it & see what happens !

I was fuming so much, I'm determined to spread it around so everyone who doesn't yet know can sting the electric companies for this illegal billing. Posted Image We haven't got this month's water bill yet, but, are we to assume that this evsel katı atık means for No 2 ???

So this month although I had used the same amount of water my new bill was 20.29tl. I was not impressed. Posted Image Posted Image

Since your water bill, in essence, more than doubled, that is super crummy. But from my perspective about what to expect when I move to Turkey, I'm delighted. We currently live in a condo and as such the water bill is covered by our assessments, but the last time I paid a water bill, when we rented a single-family home, it ran about $67 a month. So 20TL sounds pretty good to me.

Water usage varies a lot depending on number of people and what you use it for. Our water bill averages 30 lira a month for 4 people, and that doesn't include drinking water, which we buy separately, or for watering the garden, which is from the well.With regard to the electricity, I've noticed the KK is no longer included as a separate item, but I'm sure it's been added in there somewhere (???).

the last time I paid a water bill, when we rented a single-family home, it ran about $67 a month. So 20TL sounds pretty good to me.

Yes, I've noticed that though the numbers are a little high here, when I do the conversion to USD my utilities here are a fraction of what they would have been in the US. Cable AND unlimited internet for 45TL... as of today that's only $25, and you can't get cable OR internet for that in the US!

Glad you mentioned drinking water Meral as I had forgotten that, so combined it's usually 40 tl. actually it's more now since it's got so hot and shower twice a day. Thank goodness the water for my garden comes from the well and is free.

Go for a swim in the sea, at least that's free. :)

Actually I'm lucky because my garden water comes from my landlady's well, so she pays for the electricity. Thinking about it she also pay's the cost of electric for the garden lighting. :)

Not everyone pays such a small amount for water. Businesses pay at a much higher rate, ours pays about 200TL per month.Also I think the people in the big cities pay more, when we moved from Ankara to Antalya we found our water bills halved. But the water in Antalya has been getting a lot more expensive lately, our bills are up 50% on three years ago.

I pay about 180 TL every two month on average, without drinking water, but then again I do have a pool. What I find much more extreme is the electricity bills, I had guests in the house over the summer and I ended paying an average of 450 TL a month Posted Image and I have just been told that the electricity in Marmaris is supposed to go up arrrg

Were the guests staying in your house without you being there?. I have read many stories of people receiving very high electric bills when they have let other people use their property in the summer. The main reasons are that people will have the air con on and then leave patio doors and/or windows open. They will also leave the air con even when they go out and also have it on 24 hours a day.You can now get sensors that will switch off the air con automatically after a pre set time or if no movement is detected. Because the cost of electric is very high people who rent or let friends and family stay in their properties, are now in a lot of cases, asking them to pay for the electric bill if it is higher than normal.

Unfortunately, electricity prices are going up over the whole country, not just in Marmaris.

yes they were on their own and the AC was the main culprit, thankfully from next year on I will be in Turkey full time (yayyy Posted Image ) and have better control when family and friends are staying, saying that, even when I was there bills have been high (compared to uk) I think I will switch from AC to ceiling fans (better for the health anyway) and see where and when I can use solar panels.

But I think maybe the costs are higher in the city compared to the countryside anyway?

As far as I'm aware the price is standard everywhere although some people are on a 3 tier system.Getting gunes enerji would be a good idea making sure that they fit an immersion heater for winter and cloudy days.

I really have to look up how much I am paying per unit as it has always seemed quite high for me.

I got solar panels for water already of course :) but was thinking of getting into solar panels for electricity as well, I think to get something for the whole house is not an option as Turkey sadly doesn't seem to have a system where the electricity is fed back into the grid (such a shame, wasting all that lovely sun Posted Image ) but maybe I can do something on a smaller scale, with converters or batteries to at least maybe cover the pool pump and outside lighting?

I believe that there is a system to sell electricity but that's the sum of my knowledge!