Working As Professional In Turkey

Rate this topic

Hi All,I'm italian and since some months living in Turkey, in Istanbul.

I'm an IT consultant, specialized in Business Intelligence, Web Development and in Retail/Petrol processes (from Erp to Pos).

In Italy I have my tax position and so that I could issue invoices on regular basis.

I'd like to supply my services also in Turkey, you must consider that at the moment i don't have residential permit, I'm just a 'turist'.

I have some points that I'd like to clarify, before start doing anything here:- Can I supply services to turkish companies issuing invoices from Italy (let's say from EU), if yes, do I need special work permit for this? or my current status (turist) could be enough and legal?- Is it possible for foreigners to open a tax position, in order to work as freelance, in Turkey? Do you suggest it? Do I need a work permit for this?- Is there any other form to open a small company here that won't require turkish partners and possibly easy to close in case of need?

Thanks very much to you all for your help!!

Marco

i think probably your best bet is to contact the Istanbul Chamber of Commerce. I have put a link in for you below. Although the website is in Turkish when the link opens at the top of the page there is a "language" tab if you click on that you can view in either English or German.

Hope that helps :)http://www.google.com.tr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=istanbul%20chamber%20of%20commerce&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ito.org.tr%2F&ei=3kX4Tp6VO4e2hQea-ry_AQ&usg=AFQjCNH2f31ZUnPgjJ6CqoNCW6-TjYVv0w

• 4 weeks later...