Rate this topic

Someone who is very skinny or has no hips.

Well Fil, have you?

You see them in most tourist restaurants . They walk towards the table with a sway of their hips and of course making sure they have intense smouldering eye contact at all times, a bit like the İtalians and their pelvic thrust.

In that case I demand to see proof Fil :D

I once had a ski instructor that we called Snake Hips.

:D :D :D

Actually this is not all about Turks.

Average turkish men are enough wealthy and educated. Those men you met on holidays are Kurds who came from Eastern Turkey and working at bars, beaches, restaurants and all other unskilled jobs. Of course there are still some Turks in the same situation.

Low-class young men in Turkey are interested in foreign women.

I give you a link that explains a lot

http://id.ibtimes.co...-generation.htm

Also, when you write google ''why'', ''why turkish people add me on facebook'' comes first on the list. Another thing explains a lot Posted Image

Turkish/Kurdish men are like Indian, Arab, Paki and all other Eastern people. This is basically a uniform feature of cultures outside of progressive liberal western society. Posted Image

Interesting article !

But it's a rather sweeping statement to say that low-class young men in Turkey are interested in foreign women ---- as if higher-class or older men are not??? Posted Image Posted Image Or as if they are not equally as interested in young Turkish village girls ?

Foreign girls often seem to meet these bar workers because they are the ones the girls are mostly exposed to at holiday resorts, rather than because these men are "low-class".

So you're right that it's not all about Turks, but rather of humankind in general. Posted Image

A very sweeping statement indeed. We have members of this forum who are happily married to people of Kurdish origin and have been for some years. Whilst they are of Kurdish origin it's true to say that they all hold Turkish ID cards and therefore Turkish. i would also like to say welcome to our forum Kindas. We consider our forum to be friendly and wish it to remain so. I would be grateful if you could go to the Meet and Greet section and introduce yourself as it would be nice to know more about you and what brought you to our forum.

Could not open the link.Not sure İ understand the point you are making. Re Kurds v Turks the majority of yabanci women İ know are married to Turks in fact İ am the only woman İ know in Alanya that is married to a Kurd so there goes that theory. İ suppose you would judge me to be upper middle class as İ went to university - Bristol and Paris. However, my paternal grandfather was born in Belfast work house and my father was an unskilled factory worker. My husband's grandfather was a large land owner who employed people to work his land.Perhaps your problem is that you let stereo types colour your judgement. As for İndian - Pakistani etc. You may not be aware of the fact but there would not be a health service in the UK without these nationalities as the majority of inner city hospitals are staffed by doctors from these countries. Would you define these men as low class?

low-class young men in Turkey are interested in foreign women

You asked, then you gave the answer:

Foreign girls often seem to meet these bar workers because they are the ones the girls are mostly exposed to at holiday resorts

------

A very sweeping statement indeed. We have members of this forum who are happily married to people of Kurdish origin and have been for some years. Whilst they are of Kurdish origin it's true to say that they all hold Turkish ID cards and therefore Turkish.

Kurds are the unknown nation. They always introduce themselves as Turkish, also 1 million Kurds in Germany introduce themselves Turkish too.

Could not open the link.

Not sure İ understand the point you are making. Re Kurds v Turks the majority of yabanci women İ know are married to Turks in fact İ am the only woman İ know in Alanya that is married to a Kurd so there goes that theory. İ suppose you would judge me to be upper middle class as İ went to university - Bristol and Paris. However, my paternal grandfather was born in Belfast work house and my father was an unskilled factory worker. My husband's grandfather was a large land owner who employed people to work his land.

Your statement doesn't prove anything. There is a mass immigration from Kurdish areas to Turkish areas. There were no Kurds in cities like Mersin, Alanya, Izmir, and Mugla 15 years ago, and now nearly half population of these cities are kurd. Yes, your husband's grandfather was a large land ower. So he was a peasant like all his tribal relatives. I must say that nobody can proud that kind of thing.

I have no right to talk about your choices as a stranger.

Perhaps your problem is that you let stereo types colour your judgement. As for İndian - Pakistani etc. You may not be aware of the fact but there would not be a health service in the UK without these nationalities as the majority of inner city hospitals are staffed by

doctors from these countries.

Nonsense. I've been in the UK several times. I just saw a few South Asian students and largely unskilled immigrants.

Have managed the link and am still confused. What has Kurdish reproductive rates got to do with Turkish/yabanci holiday romances?Can't get the image to open someone tell me what it is please as İ have a very inquiring mind - or to put it simply - İ am very nosey.Kindas the words arrogant - opinionated - rude and ill-informed come to mind and that's just if i don't desend to your level of personal insults. You obviously consider yourself a cut above mere peasants, however, may İ remind you of an old English saying ''Manners maketh the man'' and from your postings İ would suggest you sir are no gentleman.

Have managed the link and am still confused. What has Kurdish reproductive rates got to do with Turkish/yabanci holiday romances?

Can't get the image to open someone tell me what it is please as İ have a very inquiring mind - or to put it simply - İ am very nosey.

Kindas the words arrogant - opinionated - rude and ill-informed come to mind and that's just if i don't decent to your level of personal

insults. You obviously consider yourself a cut above mere peasants, however, may İ remind you of an old English saying ''Manners maketh the man'' and from your postings İ would suggest you sir are no gentleman.

Ty for your kindness. At least I'm not that kind of womanizer, foreign women fetish the OP stated.

Here I just tried to say subejct is wrong and that discredits Turkish men.

I'm off now, ty all for your responses.

Ok let's get back on topic now. It is about the article concerning holiday romances in Turkey. If you want to talk about something else, please open another topic.

On a serious note. Obviously İ am not immune to attention and when it comes with sun. sand and good looks it can be very seductive. also in the western world women are constantly bombarded by meda images of abnormally slim young women wearing cosly outfits and spending a fortune on cosmetics which unfortunately leads middle aged, less than perfect fgured females vunerable to any attention even from obvious romeo types.Lets be honest their daily life might be best described as a bit humdrum and a Shirley Valentine type adventure can certainly spice things up. What we need is a reality check. İn all relationships there is give and take and as they say ''No such thing as a free lunch'' as long as both parties (lets remember the men also need to be taken into account) know the score then let then get on with it.However in my experience here it's often taken for a serious romance which will lead to greater things. İ think you have to be delusional to expect a quick fling often started within hours of meeting to develop into a meaningful relationship, this course is the hub of the problem.So to sum up. Ladies if it's a quick ego boost you want whilst on holiday and your old enough and wise enough go for it, remembering to keep your feet on the floor and your wallet closely under your control. İf you have the funds and want to spoil your holiday romance do so, by the way my deffinition of spoil is buying meals and drinks and possibily a shirt or such, anything that comes into three figures does not qualify as a gift. Go home with happy memories and a blush to your checcks not a debt the size of a small third world country, a nsu or a broken heart.

So to sum up. Ladies if it's a quick ego boost you want whilst on holiday and your old enough and wise enough go for it, remembering to keep your feet on the floor and your wallet closely under your control. İf you have the funds and want to spoil your holiday romance do so, by the way my deffinition of spoil is buying meals and drinks and possibily a shirt or such, anything that comes into three figures does not qualify as a gift. Go home with happy memories and a blush to your cheeks not a debt the size of a small third world country, a nsu or a broken heart.

Aine an excellent summing up and applies to anyone coming here, or indeed going to other counties in the world.

Ok let's get back on topic now. It is about the article concerning holiday romances in Turkey. If you want to talk about something else, please open another topic.

My apologies. My post can be deleted for starting a new topic. Posted Image

Really good one. I have been to Turkey, but I'm not with a Turkish man, but with another. I am really tired about all these sites with women telling all that about every single man. I know mine is a good man, but really sometimes they get into my mind. Finally someone with sense! :)

Hello everyone... I've read the posts... All of them... Please someone answer me this... I was out shopping with my son (8months pregnant with my daughter)... I dropped a bag and a man picked it up and gave it back all the while staring at me as if I wasn't human... Then he whispered something to the group of mrn he was with. I was a little nervous... His friend then said to me... "He said your beauty is strange for this country (u.s) your child is your replica, a handsome boy. Your husband should not leave your side!" I scoffed a little and smiled and said thank you... Grabbed my sons hand and waddled away... After 2blocks I noticed that the same group of men were following behind me the entire way! I was near a Turkish restaurant my dad used to take me to so I slipped in... They passed by. After a few minutes they came back and came in, pulled chairs and sat around me! The very same friend said " He asked where is your husband, why are you alone in your condition? So me being a little taken aback by such blut prying I told them that my husband ran off with a 16yr old hispanic girl and that his explanation was that I was too nice, and too much of the "wife" type and he couldn't handle it! I cook, clean, work raise children, and go to school... Everyday... Thats the way my parents raised me! Then they got up spoke to the old woman that owned the resturant and left... That was the last I saw of them... Until the day I gave birth to my daughter... They ALL were in the waiting room! They came for 5days straight... on the 5th day olga (the old women) came as well... With flowers, candy, and baklava (yummy!)... Olga took up my daughter and said to me her name will be destiny because that's what is here! VERY long story short... They kept track of me thru Olga and Olga through my midwife... On the sixth day the men came and only 4 words were spoken to me... "I will marry you!" No word for 4months... I had gon to visit my midwife at the hospital and we had lunch with Olga who brought me a pile of letters from "The Turk"... He had written almost everyday! The last letter I received said " I will write no more words to you, I will tell you instead"... I've heard from Olga he is coming back! Now... What do I do?!

Of course some charming men are not interested in a serious relationship, that happens many places. But you know, such advice is stupid, because what matter is your instinct and what it tells you. Not all Turkish men are interested in foregin women for money or the possability of a foregin visa. When you work in tourist places, tourist women is what you see and get attracted to, it is a simple as that.

Should you be reluctant to enter a serious relationship, especially what will be a Long Distance Relationship? Yes. Should you be careful about sending money to someone who have not known for a long time? Of course. Is it possable that you can get hurt in a relationship? Yes, but don't only blame the other person.

I did all the stuff you are supposed not to do, because I felt in my gut that I can trust him. He is not "a Turk", he is my boyfriend and so I do whatever it takes for us to keep close. It would be very strange for me, who have more money, to never share it with someone I love who earn far less than I do. Also, the other side of this is that the poorer guys who date us "tourist women" may feel like lesser man if we pay for dates and other things, even feel like male prostitutes. It is not only tourist women who can suspect they are being used for something other than love. Still at the end of the day you are with a person and that person has to trust you and you trust them. You could be wrong to trust, of course, still if you don't trust there is no love.

I agree with you Lucid! I myself am actually in a relationship with a Turkish guy and have a very close relationship with his family and he has no interest at all in wanting to come live In England, he will come visit in winter but once I am ready to work out there he wants to start a home in Kusadasi and is in no rush to get married, just some people are unfortunate and can't read between the lines! It really gets to me when people stereo type when they see my relationship - just because there are some scandals it does not represent every Turkish man alive.