Does Anyone Know This Seller?

Rate this topic

Hi All,I am new on here so would like to say hello to you all and ask for some help.

I am looking to buy a properyt in Serigerme the devolopment is royal links. Does anyone have any info about the sellers? the company is called Lycia property and we have been over to talk to them, they have a base in Burnley England.

Has anyone bought property from them? Are they good guys?

Any help would be appreciated.

:welcome: to our forum Soulsoles.

I'm afraid I can't help you as I don't live in that area but one thing I would say is that if you are thinking of buying off plan DON'T.

So many people have had problems and some have lost all their money.

It's not worth the risk, no matter how good the offer seems. Buy an already finished place that has a tapu (title deed)and you can see what you are getting. There are plenty for sale around.

It's a buyers market.

Hi Soulsoles, welcome to Turkey Central. Can't say I know of the builders or even the place but if you're intending to buy off-plan then I would strongly suggest you don't. There are far too many people here (in the thousands) who have lost a lot of money and continue to be very unhappy with properties that they have bought off-plan. Builders go out of business or take out loans on unfinished properties and the customer ends up losing.

Come here and rent for a year and you'll see the true story, then buy a resale property, there are plenty and it will save you a pile of money.

Just my two pence on the subject.

Edit: Aaah Sunny you beat me to it. But she's right.

:welcome: to our forum Soulsoles.

I'm afraid I can't help you as I don't live in that area but one thing I would say is that if you are thinking of buying off plan DON'T.

So many people have had problems and some have lost all their money.

It's not worth the risk, no matter how good the offer seems. Buy an already finished place that has a tapu (title deed)and you can see what you are getting. There are plenty for sale around.

It's a buyers market.

Hi Sunny, thanks for the reply, the propertys are now 2 years old and I have spoken to the ownere of one of them went I went out a couple of weeks ago, he had a solicitor check out the land and Tapu etc and it all was ok, he actually bought his off plan and id delighted with the finished appartment.

I have heard the horror stories and it is a worry.

Thanks Soulsoles

Hi Soulsoles, welcome to Turkey Central. Can't say I know of the builders or even the place but if you're intending to buy off-plan then I would strongly suggest you don't. There are far too many people here (in the thousands) who have lost a lot of money and continue to be very unhappy with properties that they have bought off-plan. Builders go out of business or take out loans on unfinished properties and the customer ends up losing.

Come here and rent for a year and you'll see the true story, then buy a resale property, there are plenty and it will save you a pile of money.

Just my two pence on the subject.

Edit: Aaah Sunny you beat me to it. But she's right.

Hi Cukurbagli, Thanks for replying I appreciate your help, I have replied to Sunny.

Best RegardsSoulsoles

Welcome from me too Soulsoles, I agree with Sunny and Cukur do not buy off plan as we have seen and read about too many people who have lost in some cases everything and other serious amounts of money never mind the stress and strain it causes people. As said it is a buyers market as far as buying property is concerned in Turkey and will remain so for some considerable time. There are some good properties out there waiting to be snapped up, some not even lived in and a lot where there are already furnished with a Tapu and also a Habitation Certificate in place, so take your time and look around and don't be pushed into anything.

Welcome to the forum Soulsoles! I am glad to hear your not buying off plan, as I agree with all the comments above and my husband also works as an estate agent and always advises people not to do it.

I am glad to hear that a current owner is happy with what he have bought. I have heard of Lycia Properties when I lived in Fethiye and they do have a good name as far as I remember.

Hope it all goes well for you. Love Sam xxx

As the property is two years old and if it has a Tapu and habitaion certificate from the Belediyesi then, if you like the site and the situation then it should be OK but I would still recommend that you rent a property for a year or so to make sure that you like the area before committing yourself to buying. As someone else has said, it's a buyers market, so there are plenty of houses to chose from, some including furniture etc. so take your time and don't rush into anything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi, My name is ONER and ı been living in sarıgerme for last three years and ı know the lycia houses ,they are pretty good and very reliable people ,and ı checked the houses myself , and ı really liked them.so sarıgerme is very tiny village and completely death in winter , there are not much to do here in summer as well , all fun is in the holiday villages here .

But as an investment , ı can say that property prices going up and up every year,Hilton hotel is building a golf course and its almost done...they have some issues about license but ı heard that they solved the legal issues and they may open the golf course next season which means there will be many people will try to find place to stay ,buy or rent here ,and they will not have to many options,soo the thing ı am saying is if you buy one of the lycia houses u can sell it with very good profit in the future.

Also sarıgerme is soo close to other resorts ,like Dalyan ,göcek,fethiye ,one hour away from marmaris.and 15 mınutes away from airport...

And ı think the devoloper of the houses are very realiable people. if u need help or guidance, ı am here all summer ,ı can try to help u......u can contact me through this site.....

Welcome to the forum Oner and thank you for that information.