Sign in to follow this  
Guest nikkir

Is He Already Married?

Rate this topic

Unfortunately whilst it doesn't happen very often, it does happen if the desire to get a visa or money is very great that the whole family will be in on it. The man will divorce his wife, but will remarry her by having a religious wedding. which keeps her happy but him free to remarry, his ex wife is then passed off as a sister or another female member of the family. Once he has got his visa/passport/money, which may have taken several years, he then divorces his victim.

Unfortunately, I think this is more common than we realise.

It horrifies me the limits some women are ready to go to for money/gold/whatever. In Cappadocia it is quite a normal thing for the foreign girlfriend to come to visit for the summer months and the wife will move out to her parents or family. Foreign woman believes the cr*p he is feeding her about how he is either not married, or separated, or his wife has left him or they are going through a divorce. She spends a lovely summer and a lot of her money to buy/renovate his hotel and when she goes back at the end of the summer, the wife moves back in again and gets her gold bracelet or whatever.

especially turkish men should love foreign women without expectation of material things. If it doesn t start in that ambition foreign women should get away as soon as they can. Also there s other face of coin. There r still good turkish men i believe who seriosly go for a relationship with a foreign women to live happily ever after.

I agree with you fevretto, there are good men out there but often foreign women meet the other type in the resorts and don't leave them because they believe they are genuine. Look at Vic's story. How are the foreign women to know the real situation when they would never think that the mens' families would all work together to deceive them.

Learn a little Turkish and visit his home Town/Village the neigbours will break their necks to get to you and tell you all the family secrets. My husband is amazed at the facts etc İ return with from a visit some of them he wasn't even aware of.