tylerbabe

North Cyprus

Rate this topic

There are two ferries to Cyprus, the slow one takes about 5 hours, and the fast one takes about 2.5 hours. It will depend on if they can fit your car in on the fast one.

Allow a good deal of tıme for the paperwork. It's quite a hassle. Also, you usually have to leave your car on the dock at Girne for a day at least, to allow the police to complete all the required checks. So be prepared for that to happen. You can ring Fergun, the ferry company at the port. There is usually someone who speaks a bit of English and who can give you up-to-date info.

You may also be required to buy "Kıbrıs" (Cyprus) insurance for the car for your stay. But as I say these things change so often best to ring Fergun.

Regarding the overnight boat, it is not for the faint-hearted. Take a blanket to sleep on the deck and don't drink too much. The loo is somewhat a culture shock.

The fast one, but you also have the choice of going from Alanya, saving the long and hard drive also about six hours in tıme. The boat goes from the harbour in Alanya and takes 3.5 hours its clean and comfy has tea coffee and basic sandwiches on boat.

Taxis are cheap and easy. They wait at the port. Hire cars are usually cheap and easy ask your hotel they often do a better deal make sure you get collision waiver and full insurance and watch your speed they are red hot and you will get the fine attached to your passport so even if they you don't get it before you leave they will get to you later.

They also drive on the same side as England, also take adapter if you take any Turkish appliances. It's three pin in Cyprus.

Another tip: Your phone will cost you a bomb if its Turkish. I bought a cheap phone and sim card.

Twice a week.

Ring Fergun on 0 242 511 5565.

Alanya-Girne Sea-Bus

April to October Service

Alanya Girne Mon-Fri 12:00 02:00

April to October Service

Girne Alanya Thu-Sun 11:00 02:00

Why can't I book the ferry starting from North Cyprus?

Convert Currency Booking Information due to restrictive business practices in North Cyprus we are currently unable to make bookings on ferry and hydrofoil services that COMMENCE in N.Cyprus [Girne/Kyrenia].

We ARE able to make bookings on all ferries from and returning to Turkey as follows:

Tasucu to GirneFerry one-way Ferry outward and return Hydrofoil one-way Hydrofoil outward and return Return crossing only of a two way journey commencing in Girne Alanya to Girne Hydrofoil one-way Hydrofoil outward and return Return crossing only of a two way journey commencing in Girne This situation is entirely beyond our control, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Discounts

These discounts relate only to Tasucu/Alanya-Girne ferry, sea-bus and hydrofoil services:

Infants up to 3 years old are free, the date of birth is considered.

Children from 4 to 11 years old, less 25%, the date of birth is considered.Students less 10%, a student identity card is required.

Note

These discounts relate only to Tasucu/Alanya-Girne ferry and hydrofoil services.

Discounts cannot be combined.

If discounts apply they will be included in our quotation.

Proof of eligibility will be required for discounts to be applied.

Port Taxes

Port taxes are payable to the port authorities on departure from Turkey and/or Northern Cyprus as follows:

Departures from Northern Cyprus, approximately Euro16.

Departures from Turkey approximately Euro 7.

On 14/08/2011 at 17:57, beyazbayan said:

The fast one, but you also have the choice of going from Alanya, saving the long and hard drive also about six hours in tıme. The boat goes from the harbour in Alanya and takes 3.5 hours its clean and comfy has tea coffee and basic sandwiches on boat.

Taxis are cheap and easy. They wait at the port. Hire cars are usually cheap and easy ask your hotel they often do a better deal make sure you get collision waiver and full insurance and watch your speed they are red hot and you will get the fine attached to your passport so even if they you don't get it before you leave they will get to you later.

They also drive on the same side as England, also take adapter if you take any Turkish appliances. It's three pin in Cyprus.

Another tip: Your phone will cost you a bomb if its Turkish. I bought a cheap phone and sim card.

Hi, I see this is an old post. I am visiting Alanya in April 2019 and I just wanted to ask if you can still get from Alanya to Cyprus by sea. If its possible, would you know on what days it runs and the times, the price if you know. Thanks. :)