Sign in to follow this  
Guest Troy

Saglik Ozel Hastani

Rate this topic

Guest Troy

Had a great experience with the hospital here in Izmir, if any of you haven't been to the Ozel Saglik hospital I had some great service. I had a friend make an appointment for me, when I arrived I went to the desk and it took only about 10 minutes to collect my info. I had to pay 65 TL to see the doctor, then was taken directly to see him in his office. NO WAITING, which I found hard to believe. I was out of there in less than 45 minutes. Apparently there are two Saglik hospitals, one government hospital for those on the government medical plan which I have heard has very long lines and long waits for appointments (socialized medicine, eh?) and the Ozel, or private hospital where they accept people with private insurance or who pay cash. Anyway I was surprised at the level of service there and thought I 'd pass it on to anyone who might need to see a doctor while in Izmir, perhaps the private hospitals are the same in other locations??? the hospital is located in a part of the city called Karamanlar, near the stadium and somewhat near the Izmir mosque... just make sure you specify to a taxi driver that you want the Ozel Saglik hospital (oozell sah look)...

I've heard a lot of nice things about Saglik, although I haven't been there. Quite a difference in the health systems I see... from what I've read the private hospitals are quite state-of-the-art especially in the tourist areas. Anybody know how the hospitals are in places like Antalya, Kusadasi, Alanya, Fethiye, etc??? Also aren't there health plans that will reimburse expenses incurred at hospitals in other countries?