Shipping Companies From Uk To Turkey

Rate this topic

Hi all, will be relocating to turkey in 4-6 weeks, any recommendations regarding shipping companies please? Have quotes f rom several, but as they are unknown to me, would be grateful for any ideas. Thanks

Hi Jasmine,I used to work for a removal company based in Turkey. I've also used a British company when I was relocating to Turkey. It all depends on how much you want to pay. One economic option would be to contact a Turkish company works regularly between UK and Turkey. I know a very good trucking company with excellent rates, but I am not sure if we are allowed to give company names here. Basically, they are not a removal company, they would just collect your goods from your house and deliver to your Turkish address. If you use a removal company, they will end up using a company like them but charge you their share as well. Nowadays removal companies work through contractors rather than doing the actual removal themselves. However, below recommended company is good. They can also give you a rate for collecting your goods from your house as they have regular work between Turkey and the UK. Good luck!

Taner

Hi, abi, thanks again! Am shipping favourite pieces of furniture, plus personal effects, approx 400 cu ft.

Hi again,I am currently based in the UK (Leeds) and quite happy to answer any questions you may have. My email is altinay23 at yahoo dot co dot uk

Hi we relocated back in November last year and we used Robinsons Relocation they were very good no issues at all with them and the stuff arrived earlier than quoted which was a surprise.

A few tips would be do not take small items like a radio as we were charged a fortune for it, we took things like TV as we had only bought ours 2 years ago but it is up to you, tv's can be good prices here. here are the contact details and Matt was fantastic. Oh and dont accept the first price they give you tell them you had a slightly cheaper quote elswhere and get them to come and quote properly not over the phone.

Good LuckMatthew Bristow International Move ManagerRobinsons International MovingNuffield WayAbingdonOxfordshireOX14 1TNUnited KingdomTel : (+44) 1235 552251Fax: (+44) 1235 552293 Email: [email protected]

Hi Jasmine,I used to work for a removal company based in Turkey. I've also used a British company when I was relocating to Turkey. It all depends on how much you want to pay. One economic option would be to contact a Turkish company works regularly between UK and Turkey. I know a very good trucking company with excellent rates, but I am not sure if we are allowed to give company names here. Basically, they are not a removal company, they would just collect your goods from your house and deliver to your Turkish address. If you use a removal company, they will end up using a company like them but charge you their share as well. Nowadays removal companies work through contractors rather than doing the actual removal themselves. However, below recommended company is good. They can also give you a rate for collecting your goods from your house as they have regular work between Turkey and the UK. Good luck!

Taner

We've been looking at using a transport company too. They would bring the truck to the house, we would fill it ourselves, prices go on half or full load ie.7 metres or 14.

Then they would take it to customs in Istanbul where we would collect it.

It is a lot cheaper than using a removal company, but you need to be a bit more organised.