U.k Passport For A Newborn.

Rate this topic

Hi Guy's,My wife is due to give birth in early November, and i would like to get my child registered in Turkey as soon as possible after the birth. I would then like to apply for a British passport for my baby...... has anyone done a similar thing lately? I know it's a bit early now, but after living in Turkey for around 9 years, i know that not everything is smooth going.

The reason i want to do things as soon as the baby is born is this... i want to be in the U.

K for the festive season. What are my chances?

Thanks Abi,I had found the pages that you linked this morning, while looking into the whole issue. It's not great that everything needs sent to Germany. I'm hoping someone has just gone through the procedure, and it's a fast and efficient process. The baby is due on the 10th Nov, and i want to fly to the uk on the 23rd Dec. This is going to take military timing!!! Also if my wife hasn

I seem to remember a recent thread where a baby born to foreigners in Turkey had to have a resident permit within 4 weeks or would become an "illegal" (???) To do that, of course the baby needs a passport first. But maybe in this case the mother is (hopefully) a Turkish citizen ? :confused1[1]:

Are you sure you need a passport for a new born baby?

Good question FIL, and one that i didn't think off. Previously you could put your child on your own passport. Now a baby needs their own passport which lasts for 5 years.

I would imagine they need their own passport, my youngest was 3 months when we travelled to Turkey and he had his own passport...

Anyone who applied for passports via Germany that I know of got theirs back very quickly..maybe you could try emailing or phoning them or attaching a note to your application.

• 1 year later...