Sign in to follow this  
Wolfy

White Goods And Credit

Rate this topic

Due to move over to Istanbul in just under 2 weeks, just wanting to know what the deal is with regards to credit purchases. Obviously when I get my residence permit I can buy white goods, that's not a problem, but I'm wondering if I'm able to buy them on credit (pay 70TRY each month for 6 months kinda thing) Or if I have to wait for a few months, or if I simply can't get credit as I'm not a citizen. Just wanting to know to help budget is all.Thanks again.

I've only ever seen credit offered if you have a credit card but you can buy white goods for cash when you get here while you have a tourist visa.

As a foreigner, without an income being paid into the bank, you can only get a credit card if you've got twice the limit of the credit card blocked in a bank. For example if your limit is 1000tl you have to have 2000tl in an account which you can't use, only take the interest!!

So there's no waiting period or anything like that, as long as I have income being paid into the bank on a regular basis, I can get a debit/credit card and get white goods by paying monthly.Thanks, like I said, wasn't too sure on how that worked, I was largely presuming I wouldn't be able to do that for a few months, instead of by how much money I had coming in.Anyways, thanks again. Much apprieciated.

Sunny is right however the amount that gets blocked is dependent on the bank, at Yapi Kredi I get 750TL limit and have 850TL blocked, maybe it depends how good looking you are :hysterical[1]::hysterical[1]::hysterical[1]: