99 Days To Go

Rate this topic

99 days to go then it's off to sunny Marmaris for 2 weeks, me ,my wife and 6 year old boy, is the jeep safari suitable for someone so young(the boy not me heh), it looks alot of fun and also, is there any reccomendation as to which waterpark is the safest.

Staying in Club Alize so if there's any updated info about there would be gratefully read.

Thanks in advance

Jeep Safari will probably amuse your son a lot but make sure all of you use high sun protection factor cream and have hats, long sleeved shirts and plenty of water. I often see safari jeeps coming back after a day out with what looks like a load of extremely sun burnt and very fed up people in the back.

Hi Spainvet, welcome to the forum.

I have just checked out the Hotel you are staying in on Tripadvisor. It has an excellent rating, particularly for families. if you want to read the reviews from other customers, just google TripAdvisor and search for the hotel (it will give you the option to pick all or just Turkey) so you need to look! Sounds like a lot of fun, shame l am to old to be adopted!!!

As for the waterparks, again google 'water parks marmaris' and you will be able to see the fun, plently of pictures and its right on the beach! have a fab holiday.

Take care Bev xPS look out for the snake spider, its deadly! (only kidding)

• 1 month later...

'.....41 more days.' Not that you're counting. :D

There are a couple of Waterparks here in Marmaris. I've never used them but people tell me they like the one at the back of Migros high up on the hill overlooking the stunning Marmaris Bay.

I guess each have their charms but kids just love messing in water so whichever you choose will be fun,I'm sure. Can't reitterate enough what other posters have said re any of the watersports/jeep safaris. They are a lot of fun but it's imperative you have proper insurance cover,so do ensure that the agent you book with has proper certification as your travel insurance may well exclude such activities. There are plenty of individual operators who don't exactly pay much attention to the necessary insurance covers nor do they properly maintain their vehicles. So please pay particular attention to this very important aspect. I'd be lying if I didn't say that there have been accidents-some very serious with very unpleasant consequences.....so without wishing to put a downer on your anticipated trip.......

DO some serious checking before booking.

Marmaris is a great holiday destination and I hope you will all have a fantastic holiday. It's hot,hot,hot..........get packing that suncream and I'd recommend a hat for the little one. It's also very easy to get dehydrated so make sure you carry a bottle of water with you.

Have a fantastic holiday...........how many sleeps is it now? LOLsaffie

There are mossies everywhere so I would come prepared. You can buy spray to keep them away, called 'Off' and there is a more expensive spray for children (can't remember the name). You can also get those things you plug in, with tablets or with liquid which I find better.

.... and there is a more expensive spray for children (can't remember the name)....

How long does it keep them away for?

Marmaris council do spray the areas regularly to eliminate mozzies,but of course the little pests still manage to elude them sometimes.

Avon skin so soft shower gel seems to help deter them from biting you.( Think it's the green one that works best) but it's sensible to give yourself a squirt of the OFF stuff when going out after sunset,when the little blighters go on dinner patrol.

Some recommend taking Zirtec tablets,which are an anti histamine product on a daily basis,particularly if you are prone to being bitten or likely to have a more severe reaction than just an irritating itch for a few days. Taking the zirtec( cetrizine) seems to limit the damage to a much more manageable level.

Since it's mostly at night these little monsters are on the prowl,it's often a good idea to spray the room an hour or so before bedtime-nothing worse then an over zealous mozzie buzzing round your ears at silly o'clock in the morning!!!saffie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...