T

Rate this topic

rl2342

Been practicing making this at home. But I only have access to a glass top stove. Started with a stainless steel cezva but could not get it to rise and thought maybe the steel was insulating the coffee too much. Now I have a smaller copper one but still will not start to rise correctly and soon the foam fizzles out. Also, some instructions say to add the coffee to room temp water, while others pre heat the water before adding coffee. But I think those are presuming you have a gas stove. I am not sure if my glass stove heats the coffee enough to rise without it coming to a boil. On previous attempts I tried on low the whole time and the coffee never started to foam up before it reached boiling heat, which I understand you don't want? Thank you for any advice :)

Sorry I can't help you, I've never made it but there are a number of videos on Google. :)

:birgits_coffee[1]: No worries, this is a forum all about Turkey, so there has to be some people who have some suggestions for making Turkish coffee ;) . Hopefully they will chime in. And well the videos on YouTube are the ones that are so varied as far as directions go.

So, I expect, will experts ideas on how to make the perfect cup of coffee. :)

I think with an electric stove you're going to have to move the pot when the coffee starts to rise to stop it boiling over because it won't react as quickly as a gas stove. Lots of other variables make it a very personal thing. Are you putting the sugar in along with the coffee, I'm sure that it helps the foam to rise.