Customs

Rate this topic

My friend arrived last night at Antalya via Instanbul from İreland and two cases got lost. Antalya Airport rang cases found and at Antalya but she must collect in person as there is a problem with customs. Any idea what we can expect. She has a printer but old one in there and İ believe some food items.

They might not be bothered about the printer but the food items might have attracted their attention depending on quantity and type.

On the other hand this may be a ploy by the airline to get her to collect the cases so they don't have to deliver them!

On the other hand this may be a ploy by the airline to get her to collect the cases so they don't have to deliver them!

Cynic :hysterical[1]:

• 3 weeks later...

All ok eventually. İ think they were lucky as they had bacon sausage etc and other products which are restricted. Feel they were wrong to try this as these products are also prohibited into Uk due to swine disease. The printer had been tested and as İ have a residence permit they accepted it was for my use.

They checked mainly the dvd and cd she had brought.

Got a ticker for speeding on the return as had borrowed a friends brand new ford focus and didnt realise it is registered as a van max speed 70 km.

But again freindly police and he wrote a note on the bottom if we paid straight away 100 tl not 140 tl.

Thanks for letting us know the outcome and I'm glad there weren't any problems. :)