English-speaking Turkish Lawyers

Rate this topic

Turkish lawyers have jurisdiction all over the country so as long as you can make contact, you can use a lawyer in any region whether it is the same as yours or not.

I have come across a couple of lovely lawyers :) who also have excellent credentials, Berk Cektir and Gulay Cagli. Berk is based in Istanbul but has offices in Bodrum, Izmir and Antalya as well, and Gulay is based in Bodrum. Berk is the legal correspondent for Today's Zaman so you can verify his work for yourselves, while Gulay founded the Turkish section of John Howell and Co, the 2004 winners of the International Property Best Property Lawyer awards.

Please PM me if you would like to get in touch with Gulay and/or Berk and I will pass on their details.

If anyone else can recommend a good English-Speaking Turkish Lawyer, here would be a good place to big them up! (but don't post contact details online without express permission from their owners please!)

Hi MeralI'm not sure but I will ask! Watch this space!

OK Ben, can you give me the name of a good German-speaking lawyer in Izmir, preferably someone who can help with divorce, property and custody issues, and I will pass it on to my friend, who sadly needs one. My friend doesn't speak English. I did try the Turkish legal forum and even emailed the Izmir Barosu but got no response. Thank you, Meral

I went over to NATO today to talk to the Turkish lawyer there, she's on vacation for a week. I asked her assistant about a German-speaking lawyer, and she said that they only have listings for English-speaking lawyers. But she had a very good point. Why doesn't she contact the German consulate? I know that when there was a US consulate here in Izmir, they had lists of English-speaking Turkish lawyers, I would think the same would be true for the German Consulate.

Here's the info for contacting the German consulate in Izmir:Telephone: 488 88 88.

In case that number's not working, the address is:Atat

Just by chance, I ran into my German friend here in Izmir. He's apparently well connected with the German community here. He said he would be happy to assist your friend. Rather than post his contact info in a public forum, I'll send you a PM. He said to have your friend contact him and he will connect her with a German-speaking lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

Please PM me if you would like to get in touch with Gulay and/or Berk and I will pass on their details.

Greetings:Just found this forum, but have not been able to figure out how to send PM messages yet, I will use the help button, in the meantime, please PM me the details. Thank you.
  • 11 months later...

This lawyer in Izmir comes with my highest recommendations and I have enough experience with turkish lawyers to know who's good. Sabahattin Yilmaz of Izmir is an excellent lawyer in my estimation. His English skills are superior, he replies promptly and courteously to my questions and his answers are knowledgeable and detailed. He does much more than the minimum for his clients and goes far beyond this to help clients. I could not be happier. His contact information is listed on the Izmir lawyers section of this forum.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ahmet Sipahgiolu is an excellent English speaking lawyer in Altinkum. He has lived in Didim for over 20 years. He is very professional and provides an excellent client service. He deals with all legal aspects. Please feel free to contact him on [email protected]

• 2 months later...

Hi Dutchy,Sorry, sometimes we start using abbreviations without realizing not everybody understands them! PM stands for "private message." To send one, you can click on the user name of a person posting, and you'll see an option for sending a message. The other option is clicking on the "Members" link near the upper right, and using the search function for finding the member, then click on their user name and clicking the option to send a message.

Unfortunately, if these lawyers are not members of the forum, they can't receive private messages inside the forum. We do have listings of English-speaking lawyers for each city. For example, if you go to www.turkeycentral.com/bodrum or www.turkeycentral.com/istanbul, (works with most cities even though not all of the pages in these sections are complete yet) you'll find a menu selection to a list of English-speaking lawyers. You'll see that Lawyer is Elifsu Sen, who is a member here and works in Bodrum, and LawyerinIzmir is Sahabbatin Yilmaz as mentioned above.

Sometimes it will depend on where you are, that is, if you have a case in Istanbul and have a lawyer in Izmir, he or she may have to travel a long distance to do certain things, so in those cases it's best to find a lawyer in the city where you need them.

The forum has its own messaging system, like a private e-mail system. You can also send an e-mail to a member if they have configured their settings to allow members to send e-mails. It's a great system because the e-mail addresses aren't displayed, they're kept internally so nobody receives spam e-mails.

We have some info about using the forum under the "Using the Forum" forum, but if anything's not addressed there, you can send me a private message "PM" and I'll help you out! ;)

• 1 month later...

I'd like to suggest a cool forum where the people in Turkey -generally- from the UK, Germany, Netherlands and other west European countries find opportunities to direct question towards professional Turkish lawyers regarding any legal issues they need to know.

http://www.turkhukuksitesi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6

You can receive a free consultancy service under the threads of this forum from English speaking Turkish lawyers.

A little advertisement, the one who's responding the questions with 'Tiocfaidh' nickname is me

Best wishes.

Celtic,It is very nice of you to inform about this turkhukuksitesi. I knew the site myself but didn't notice it had english link to it..

I myself being a Turkish, face different problems all along life that that concerns me and always wished that I had a lawyer friend to consult, I cannot imagine how much expats woud appreciate the service this site would provide.

Besides that, for those who have good hold of Turkish language I will also recommend another friendly law forum www.hukuki.net Regards,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi We are prchasing a property in dalaman and the solicitor instructed last year has not provided the services as offeed. So we are now looking for an english speaking solicitor close to the Dalaman area who can help finish our deal for us including Tax numbers, military check etc.

Can you suggest anyone/cazz

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Don't forget that I'm in Izmir. If you need an German-speaking lawyer I can find one for you.

HELLO BENMY NAME IS JILL FAGAN AND I AM REALLY IN NEED OF SOME HELP. I MET A TURKISH GUY IN MAY THIS YEAR AND WE GOT ENGAGED. MONTHS LATER HE ASKED IF WE COULD BUY A CAR TOGETHER. SO IN OCTOBER THIS YEAR I WENT TO MARMARIS AND HE SHOWED ME A CAR WHICH HE SAID HE WAS THINKING OF BUYING. I BROUGHT WITH ME

Welcome to our forum Fagan, sorry to hear of your problem, we do have Turkish lawyers members on this forum who give advice but as they tend to be busy people it could be a couple of days before you get a response. :lol:I am hoping of of the mods will move this to the right section for you

Hi Jill, welcome to Turkey Central. Sorry to hear about your problem. To bring it to the attention of the lawyers on the forum a bit quicker it would be a good idea to start a new topic in the Turkish Law forum, just click on the New Topic button at the top of the list of topics and you'll be able to write it again. I suggest you copy the post here and just paste it into the new topic to make it easier than typing it all out again. I'm afraid I'm not able to move it for you.

Hi fagan, I represent a law office in Izmir. according to the details you gave, My advise to you is simply to claim the guy before the nearest prosecutiton office. When they arrest him they will take his statement. if he confess what he did, everything gets easier. if he does not, the only possibility left will be to suit him and demand compensation for he left you while you were engaged. anyway, contact us or to another law office but please take advice from any lawyer.best regards