English-Speaking Imams In Istanbul?

Rate this topic

Hi everyone, I'm an exchange student currently studying abroad in Istanbul. I have made some great Turkish friends here and I have learned a lot about Islam from then in the past few months. We have had some great discussions and I've really learned a lot about this beautiful religion from them. I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know if there any mosques in Istanbul with English-speaking Imams OR, even better, anywhere where Imams give sermons out in English? I would really like to try going to one and actually understanding what's being said. =)Thanks so much to anyone who can help

Hi DMaxC, welcome to Turkey Central. I'm sure you will find an English speaking Imam in Istanbul somewhere but Imams preaching in English are going to be pretty rare. We do have some members in the Istanbul area but I think your best bet would be to get one of your friends to go to a mosque with you and talk to the Imam to find out.

Hi and welcome to our forum DMaxC, I agree with Cukur I think it is doubtful that you will find sermons conducted in english but there should be some english speaking Imams in Istanbul. All you can do is as Cukur said go to a mosque with a Turkish friend and talk to an Imam who I'm sure will help you. :animatedwink[1]: