Sign in to follow this  
tylerbabe

Me Plates From Mugla

Rate this topic

We always use a 'takipci' who will do all the paper work and running around for a fee.

You don't need to go to Mugla. It can all be done from Fethiye. If your Turkish is good, you can do it yourself. Otherwise, pay someone to do it for you.There are several Traffic Tracking Offices (Trafik Takip Burolari) on the road out of Fethiye to Karaculha, mainly opposite the Trafik Polis building. There are also a couple more on the main road out of the Paspatur area of Fethiye. You'll be able to recognise them because they always have old registration plates in the window and laying about by their front doors.If you're struggling, contact Bariş at Barış Consultancy 0252 612 98 56. His main business is household and vehicle insurance, he speaks excellent English and he'll be able to help you.

I think we paid the takipci here about 50tl.

Hi Sandy, please tell me exactly what a Me plate is..I live somewhere near to the offices mentioned, so I can visit any one of them and ask if a power of attorney is needed or not.

Hi Saffron it is when you are English we need different plates as we are buying a turkish car with turkish plates.

As I wrote, I went to the 'takip' offices. Then to the Traffic Office, to be sure of the info I got.So, Sandy, you need to go Muğla or send someone to act on your behalf. The power of attorney to be issued for this purpose is called 'takip vekaleti'. You also need to present a residence certificate -ikametgah- to evidence that you have stayed in Fethiye for at least six months..

As I wrote, I went to the 'takip' offices. Then to the Traffic Office, to be sure of the info I got.So, Sandy, you need to go Muğla or send someone to act on your behalf. The power of attorney to be issued for this purpose is called 'takip vekaleti'. You also need to present a residence certificate -ikametgah- to evidence that you have stayed in Fethiye for at least six months..

Thanks Saffron so to get them done in Fethiye we need a power of attorney but I think we will go to Mugla and ask one of our turkish friends to go with us. Thanks for your help. :(

you're welcome, Sandy..when you go to Muğla, your Turkish friend will translate the documents you are supposed to undersign, and in order for this translation to be officially binding, he will most probably make an official oath : This is so when you buy a car, and I guess a similar procedure would be followed..Alternatively,your friend alone can go to Muğla with a 'takip vekaleti' and complete the procedures on your behalf. There is certainly no way to get this done in Fethiye..