Sign in to follow this  
benhalterci

How To Deter Birds

Rate this topic

From sh*tting on my window ledges. They usually do the same place and do very big piles of poo:( Like dogs don't tney smell the area and poo in the same place because of that? Any ideas to put them off? Should I now clean it with bleach?

Only thing I can think of is keep your eyes open in the shops for a realistic looking cat statue! Near where I live in the States there is a store which sells plastic owls for such a purpose. Maybe you could find something like that online. I can't seem to think of anything else... just an idea.

Yes it's a difficult problem. I always have to remove bird poo from the window grilles before touching them up every year. I usually just wet it all first (to soften) then wipe it off with a wet rag (gotta wear gloves). It's a real nuisance ! :lol: Those solutions in your links are good Abi, especially the spikes -- but I wonder if these can be found in Turkey ? I've always complained that Turkish window sills are mostly on the outside and none on the inside (not in our house for sure) ! :chef: