Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'tax'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • An Introduction to Turkey
  • Business
  • Crime and Safety
  • Culture
  • Driving
  • Food and Drink
    • Alcoholic Drinks
  • Health and Medicine
  • History of Asia Minor
    • People
  • Law and Legal Issues
  • Living in Turkey
  • Money and Banking
  • Property
  • Recreation and Sports
  • Residence Permits
    • Family Residence Permits
    • Health Insurance for Your Residence Permit
    • Long-Term Residence Permits
    • Short-Term Residence Permits
    • Student Residence Permits
  • Shopping
  • Transportation
  • Telephones and Internet
  • Traveling to Turkey
    • Visas
  • Turkish Language
  • Working in Turkey
    • Doing Business
    • Work Permits


  • Turkey
  • Aegean Region
    • Afyonkarahisar
    • Aydın
    • Denizli
    • İzmir
    • Manisa
    • Muğla
    • Kütahya
    • Uşak
  • East Black Sea Region
    • Artvin
    • Giresun
    • Gümüşhane
    • Ordu
    • Rize
    • Trabzon
  • Central Anatolia Region
    • Aksaray
    • Kayseri
    • Kırıkkale
    • Kırşehir
    • Nevşehir
    • Niğde
    • Sivas
    • Yozgat
  • Central East Anatolia Region
    • Bingöl
    • Bitlis
    • Elazığ
    • Hakkari
    • Malatya
    • Muş
    • Tunceli
    • Van
  • Istanbul Region
    • Bazaar Quarter
    • Beyoğlu
    • Bosphorus
    • Sultahahmet
  • East Marmara Region
    • Bilecik
    • Bolu
    • Bursa
    • Düzce
    • Eskişehir
    • Kocaeli
    • Sakarya
    • Yalova
  • Mediterranean Region
    • Adana
    • Antalya
    • Hatay
    • Mersin
    • Burdur
    • Isparta
    • Kahramanmaraş
    • Osmaniye
  • Northeast Anatolia Region
    • Ağrı
    • Ardahan
    • Bayburt
    • Erzincan
    • Erzurum
    • Iğdır
    • Kars
  • Southeast Anatolia Region
    • Adıyaman
    • Batman
    • Diyarbakır
    • Gaziantep
    • Kilis
    • Mardin
    • Şanlıurfa
    • Şırnak
    • Siirt
  • West Anatolia Region
    • Ankara
    • Konya
    • Karaman
  • West Marmara Region
  • West Black Sea Region


  • About Turkey Central
  • Business Directory
  • Forum Support
  • General Support
  • Photo Gallery Support
  • Quizzes
  • Residence Permit Assistance


  • All About Turkey
    • Turkey Generally
    • Living in Turkey
    • Turkey Travel, Tours, and Activities
    • Military
    • Turkey Property
    • Turkish Culture, Customs, Politics, and Laws
  • Visas and Permits
    • Visas
    • Residence Permits
    • Work Visas and Permits
  • All Around Turkey
    • Adana
    • Alanya
    • Ankara
    • Antalya
    • Bodrum
    • Cappadocia
    • Çeşme
    • Dalyan
    • Didim
    • Fethiye
    • Istanbul
    • Izmir
    • Kaş and Kalkan
    • Kuşadası
    • Marmaris
    • Mersin
    • Side
    • Other Cities
  • Doing Business and Working
    • Doing Business
    • Working
  • The Lounge
    • Classified Advertising
    • Anything and Everything
    • About Turkey Central
    • Quizzes

Product Groups

  • Sales
  • Health insurances november&december
  • Health insurances november&december


  • Accountants
  • Advertising
  • Animals and Pets
    • Animal Shelters
    • Veterinarians
  • Associations
    • Automobile Drivers Associations
    • Chambers of Commerce
  • Attractions
  • Bars
  • Cafes
  • Car Rental
  • Computers and Internet
    • Web Designers
  • Construction
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Event Planning
    • Weddings
  • Florists
  • Government
    • Court Houses
    • Directorate General of Migration Management (Göç İdaresi)
    • Embassies and Consulates
    • Governor's Offices
    • Municipalities
    • Notaries Public
    • Population Directorates
    • Property Title Directorates
    • Security Directorates
    • Social Security Offices
    • Tax Offices
    • Traffic Registration Directorates
  • Gyms and Fitness Centers
  • Hairdressers
  • Health and Medicine
    • Dentists
    • Doctors
    • Hospitals and Medical Centers
  • Home Decoration, Repair and Improvement
    • Electricians
    • Handymen
    • Plumbers
  • Hotels and Pensions
  • Industrial Zones
  • Insurance
  • Lawyers
  • Marinas
  • Museums
  • Photographers
  • Printers
  • Property Agents
  • Restaurants
  • Shopping
    • Antiques
    • Carpets and Kilims
    • Ceramics
    • Clothing and Accessories
    • Computers and Electronics
    • Fish Markets
    • Gifts
    • Grocery and Foods
    • Jewelers
    • Malls and Shopping Centers
    • Markets
    • Pork Shops
    • Spot Shops
    • Super Stores
  • Translators
  • Travel and Tourism
  • Transportation
    • Removals and Relocation
    • Vehicle Inspection Stations
  • Other


  • Turkey Videos
  • City and Town Videos
    • Adana Videos
    • Alanya Videos
    • Antalya Videos
    • Bodrum Videos
    • Cappadocia Videos
    • Çıralı Videos
    • Dalyan Videos
    • Datça Videos
    • Denizli Videos
    • Didim Videos
    • Ephesus Videos
    • Eskişehir Videos
    • Fethiye Videos
    • Gallipoli Videos
    • Gökova Videos
    • Içmeler Videos
    • Istanbul Videos
    • Izmir Videos
    • Kalkan Videos
    • Kaş Videos
    • Kekova Videos
    • Köyceğiz Videos
    • Kuşadası Videos
    • Marmaris Videos
    • Mersin Videos
    • Muğla Videos
    • Ordu Videos
    • Pamukkale and Hierapolis Videos
    • Side Videos
  • Residence Permits
  • Turkish Films with Turkish Subtitles
  • Other Videos


  • Turkey
  • General Knowledge
  • Animals
  • Classic Literature
  • Drinks
  • Food
  • Geography
  • History
  • Music
  • Science
  • Sports and Games
  • Technology

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL






Found 12 results

  1. One of the main things you will need when applying for a residence permit (if you are a renter) is a notarized copy of your rental contract. If your contract is less than one year old, you will have no problems in getting a notarized copy. But if it is more than one year old, the noter (notary) may require that you first go to your local vergi dairesi, (tax office), and pay the damga vergisi, (stamp tax) on the deposit you gave to your landlord. This tax has to be paid by the renter, and not the landlord. This may seem rather ridiculous, since income tax has already been paid on the money, and the money has not been spent or earned. In fact, the people at the local tax office may not have heard of it. Still, your local notary may insist this tax be paid before he or she will give you a notarized copy of your rental contract. You can Go to another notary and hope he or she doesn't demand you first bring a receipt for this tax. Ask your landlord to draw up a new contract. Since this one will be new, and not one or more years old, the notary will notarize it without payment of the tax. How to Pay the Tax if Nothing Else Works Get the notary's business card with his or her telephone number. You may need it to call them from the tax office so they can explain what tax you are trying to pay. Then: Take a Turkish friend to translate for you, since people who work in government offices seldom speak enough English to understand anything this complex. Go to the tax office responsible for your mahalle (neighborhood). Point to the amount of the deposit on your contract, and say "depozito damga vergi." Make sure you tell them that you are the kiracı ([kee-rah-juh], or renter), because if they think you are the landlord, they may assume that you are there to pay tax on your rent income. You will probably be sent to someone else. And then to someone else. If it appears that nobody knows what's going on, get out your local notary's business card and call him or her, hand your mobile phone to the tax official, and let them sort it out. After that, the tax official should know what tax you're trying to pay and why. You'll need to briefly fill out a form (or they will do it for you), then take that form to the vezne (cashier), and pay the tax. Then take the tax payment receipt back to your noter, and he or she will notarize your rental contract. How Much is the Stamp Tax? The tax is just .01% of the deposit amount per year, for each year after the first year of the rental contract. So for example, if the deposit is 650 TL, you have to pay 6.16 TL for the stamp tax. Need to buy the required health insurance coverage for your residence permit? You can buy it online, or just get a free quote, by using our Expat Health Insurance Inquiry Form. See Also Residence Permits Forum: If you have any questions or comments about the residence permit process, please ask them there.
  2. Some transactions, such as opening your first bank account in Turkey, require a tax number. Having and providing a tax number doesn't necessarily mean that you will owe taxes in Turkey. But having one is essential for getting certain things done, such as opening a bank account to deposit money, to prove you can support yourself financially, when you apply for a residence permit. To get your tax number, go to any local vergi odası, or tax office. Tell them that you want a vergi numarası, or tax number. Give the clerk your passport. They will enter your information into a database, then give you your tax number. This usually takes around ten or fifteen minutes. If you later become a legal resident of Turkey, you will be issued a kimlik numarası, or identity number, which will be printed on your ikamet tezkeresi, or ID card. Your identity number will then serve as both your identity number and your tax number. If you are applying for a residence permit, there may be circumstances where you need an actual yabancı kimlik numarası (YKN, translated "foreigner identification number). If you don't yet have your residence permit, you can get a YKN by going to the Directorate General of Migration Management (DGMM) office responsible for your area and applying for one. This number will later be printed on your residence permit card. If You Lose Your Tax Number If you've lost your tax number and need it, you can look it up online here: Tax Number Inquiry Here's a translation of what you will need to enter into the query form: Soyad: Last name. Ad: First name. Baba Adı: Father's name. Doğum Yeri: Select "Yurtdışı," at the bottom of the select menu, which means "outside of the country" if you were born outside of Turkey. Doğum Yılı: Birth year. See Also Turkey Money and Banking Forum: If you have questions, please ask them in this forum.
  3. If you are in Alanya and need a tax number, for example, to open a bank account, or pay your taxes, this is where you need to go. The nation-wide customer service number for tax issues is 444-0189.
  4. This is where you need to go in Fethiye to get a tax number, or pay various taxes, such as property or council tax.
  5. Hello. I entered Turkey with my ID card ( citizen of Georgia) , now I want to take a tax number but I am worried if they ll except my ID card at a tax office, can you please answer me. Thanks
  6. Turkey Central

    Kusadasi Tax Office

    Kuşadası Maliye (Vergi Dairesi) If you need a tax number, to open a bank account before you become a Turkish resident, or if you need to pay your property taxes or other taxes, this is where you need to go in Kuşadası.
  7. The Kemer tax office, or Vergi Dairesi. Here is where you need to go to get a tax number. When you first come to Turkey on a tourist visa, you have no national ID number. So for some financial transactions, you may be required to provide a tax number instead. If you live in Kemer, you can get a tax number here. After you get your residence permit, you will be assigned a "kimlik numarasi" (identity number). This will then supersede your tax number.
  8. If you need to get a tax number to open a bank account, before you have your residence permit, you can get one here. You can also, of course, pay your property taxes and other taxes here. Open weekdays from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM, and 1:30 PM to 5:30 PM. The cashier closes at 4:00 PM.
  9. Hello, I am a graphic designer from Syria and currently living in Istanbul, most of my work is done online with people living outside Turkey who pay me through my Paypal account or my bank account what i would like to know is: Should i be paying taxes for this kind of work? if yes how and where. Am really concerned about this cause considering the current situation of Syrians I've been told that continuous transactions to my bank account can make me look suspicious and may get me in trouble if it is not clear where the money is coming from and from whom, so I need a way to legalize my work.
  10. Good afternoon, merahbalar! ive been wondering around internet and this website and didnt get any clear answer. so im issuing a direct question to everyone here in case anyone already got the answer. please note I already addressed ttok. http://www.turing.org.tr/ Question: i want to bring to turkey my trackday / race car to turkey from the uk im married a turkish national, i dont want bring the car under turkish temporal license (green card) the car is not going to be driven on the roads the car will arrive by boat the car wont be sold or passed to anyone in turkey the car is an toyota '01 1800cc, valued 2500 pounds in the uk (stock version) do i HAVE to declare it? how much would be tax it? who would gave to me that quote? thanks o much for your help br fco
  11. Hey friends, I am back with yet another interesting question here with me. With a few days research on this forum I have come to a conclusion that anyone who gets a residence permit by property purchase gets ONLY the residence permit and not the work permit. Which means he can only LIVE and DO NOT ENGAGE in commercial activity and get salary. Now another interesting question comes in my mind. This is what me and my father have been planning to. What if I purchase an apartment for myself and get my residence permit. After that I import some more money into Turkiye and lets say purchase another 2 apartments and rent them. Purchasing apartment/investing does not require a work permit. Now I am not physically being involved in the business. I am just an investor of immovable property. I will be paying 15% income tax as stated by law. Is it allowed? Or what are the conditions for such investment. There must be some catch. Because if someone wishes to open an LLC company in Turkiye and wishes to purchase some immovable property as investment and rent it. What are the conditions for him/her? We can not let him/her wait for five years before he can actually bring more money into Turkiye to invest. Every country encourages the import of money from other countries; this is what grows the economy of a country. And if someone is renting. He is also paying the tax to government so overall being beneficial to Turkiye and its economy. I would love to hear a little light from my seniors on this regard and thought. Awaiting, Faisal.
  12. Dear All, In Turkey, I can set up a business in various ways based on the structure choosen. http://www.invest.gov.tr/en-US/investmentguide/investorsguide/Pages/EstablishingABusinessInTR.aspx Can anyone please tell me tax implications associated with each structure? Specially in my case, I can setup a LLC (Limited Liability co) or a Collective company. Initially, it will be one person business but soon I plan to expand to at least 4-5 personnel. Thus I would like to know which structure makes sense for 1) a one person company 2) a 5-10 person company. Thanks in advance.
  • Create New...