Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'student'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • An Introduction to Turkey
  • Business
  • Crime and Safety
  • Culture
  • Driving
  • Food and Drink
    • Alcoholic Drinks
  • Health and Medicine
  • History of Asia Minor
    • People
  • Law and Legal Issues
  • Living in Turkey
  • Money and Banking
  • Property
  • Recreation and Sports
  • Residence Permits
    • Family Residence Permits
    • Health Insurance for Your Residence Permit
    • Long-Term Residence Permits
    • Short-Term Residence Permits
    • Student Residence Permits
  • Shopping
  • Transportation
  • Telephones and Internet
  • Traveling to Turkey
    • Visas
  • Turkish Language
  • Working in Turkey
    • Doing Business
    • Work Permits


  • Turkey
  • Aegean Region
    • Afyonkarahisar
    • Aydın
    • Denizli
    • İzmir
    • Manisa
    • Muğla
    • Kütahya
    • Uşak
  • East Black Sea Region
    • Artvin
    • Giresun
    • Gümüşhane
    • Ordu
    • Rize
    • Trabzon
  • Central Anatolia Region
    • Aksaray
    • Kayseri
    • Kırıkkale
    • Kırşehir
    • Nevşehir
    • Niğde
    • Sivas
    • Yozgat
  • Central East Anatolia Region
    • Bingöl
    • Bitlis
    • Elazığ
    • Hakkari
    • Malatya
    • Muş
    • Tunceli
    • Van
  • Istanbul Region
    • Bazaar Quarter
    • Beyoğlu
    • Bosphorus
    • Sultahahmet
  • East Marmara Region
    • Bilecik
    • Bolu
    • Bursa
    • Düzce
    • Eskişehir
    • Kocaeli
    • Sakarya
    • Yalova
  • Mediterranean Region
    • Adana
    • Antalya
    • Hatay
    • Mersin
    • Burdur
    • Isparta
    • Kahramanmaraş
    • Osmaniye
  • Northeast Anatolia Region
    • Ağrı
    • Ardahan
    • Bayburt
    • Erzincan
    • Erzurum
    • Iğdır
    • Kars
  • Southeast Anatolia Region
    • Adıyaman
    • Batman
    • Diyarbakır
    • Gaziantep
    • Kilis
    • Mardin
    • Şanlıurfa
    • Şırnak
    • Siirt
  • West Anatolia Region
    • Ankara
    • Konya
    • Karaman
  • West Marmara Region
  • West Black Sea Region


  • About Turkey Central
  • Business Directory
  • Forum Support
  • General Support
  • Photo Gallery Support
  • Quizzes
  • Residence Permit Assistance


  • All About Turkey
    • Turkey Generally
    • Living in Turkey
    • Turkey Travel, Tours, and Activities
    • Military
    • Turkey Property
    • Turkish Culture, Customs, Politics, and Laws
  • Visas, Permits, and Citizenship
    • Visas
    • Residence Permits
    • Work Visas and Work Permits
    • Citizenship
  • All Around Turkey
    • Adana
    • Alanya
    • Ankara
    • Antalya
    • Bodrum
    • Cappadocia
    • Çeşme
    • Dalyan
    • Didim
    • Fethiye
    • Istanbul
    • Izmir
    • Kaş and Kalkan
    • Kuşadası
    • Marmaris
    • Mersin
    • Side
    • Other Cities
  • Doing Business and Working
    • Doing Business
    • Working
  • The Lounge
    • Classified Advertising
    • Anything and Everything
    • About Turkey Central
    • Quizzes


  • Accountants
  • Advertising
  • Animals and Pets
    • Animal Shelters
    • Veterinarians
  • Associations
    • Automobile Drivers Associations
    • Chambers of Commerce
  • Attractions
  • Bars
  • Cafes
  • Car Rental
  • Computers and Internet
    • Web Designers
  • Construction
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Event Planning
    • Weddings
  • Florists
  • Government
    • Court Houses
    • Directorate General of Migration Management (Göç İdaresi)
    • Embassies and Consulates
    • Governor's Offices
    • Municipalities
    • Notaries Public
    • Population Directorates
    • Property Title Directorates
    • Security Directorates
    • Social Security Offices
    • Tax Offices
    • Traffic Registration Directorates
  • Gyms and Fitness Centers
  • Hairdressers
  • Health and Medicine
    • Dentists
    • Doctors
    • Hospitals and Medical Centers
  • Home Decoration, Repair and Improvement
    • Electricians
    • Handymen
    • Plumbers
  • Hotels and Pensions
  • Industrial Zones
  • Insurance
  • Lawyers
  • Marinas
  • Museums
  • Photographers
  • Printers
  • Property Agents
  • Restaurants
  • Shopping
    • Antiques
    • Carpets and Kilims
    • Ceramics
    • Clothing and Accessories
    • Computers and Electronics
    • Fish Markets
    • Gifts
    • Grocery and Foods
    • Jewelers
    • Malls and Shopping Centers
    • Markets
    • Pork Shops
    • Spot Shops
    • Super Stores
  • Translators
  • Travel and Tourism
  • Transportation
    • Removals and Relocation
    • Vehicle Inspection Stations
  • Other


  • Turkey Videos
  • City and Town Videos
    • Adana Videos
    • Alanya Videos
    • Antalya Videos
    • Bodrum Videos
    • Cappadocia Videos
    • Çıralı Videos
    • Dalyan Videos
    • Datça Videos
    • Denizli Videos
    • Didim Videos
    • Ephesus Videos
    • Eskişehir Videos
    • Fethiye Videos
    • Gallipoli Videos
    • Gökova Videos
    • Içmeler Videos
    • Istanbul Videos
    • Izmir Videos
    • Kalkan Videos
    • Kaş Videos
    • Kekova Videos
    • Köyceğiz Videos
    • Kuşadası Videos
    • Marmaris Videos
    • Mersin Videos
    • Muğla Videos
    • Ordu Videos
    • Pamukkale and Hierapolis Videos
    • Side Videos
  • Residence Permits
  • Turkish Films with Turkish Subtitles
  • Other Videos

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL






Found 5 results

  1. The subject of visas and residence permits can be confusing, especially if you haven't done any international travel before. Basically, the visa allows you to enter Turkey for a certain time. A residence permit allows you to stay and live in Turkey. You'll first you'll apply for and get your student visa, then enter Turkey. After you arrive, you'll apply for your residence permit, which is an ID card you must carry with you. Coordinate With Your Student Affairs Representative You should get an orientation package from the school you will be attending, with a list of documents you'll need. Be sure to coordinate with them and follow the instructions they provide. Online Student Visa Application You'll go to http://www.konsolosluk.gov.tr/ to apply online for an appointment at a Turkish embassy or consulate. During the application process, you'll also upload various documents to support your application (see below). Then, near the end of the online application process, you'll select a convenient date and time for your appointment. Here are the common documents required: Student certificate or acceptance letter from the school you will be attending Passport, with an expiration date at least 60 days beyond your duration of stay Passport-sized photo Letter from your parents or legal guardian giving you authorization to travel and study in Turkey Statement that you will have enough money to live on while studying in Turkey Once you have these documents, you can start the online application. You'll make the application at http://www.konsolosluk.gov.tr/. The site is available in Turkish, English, French, and Arabic. During the first part of the online application process, you'll select the Turkish embassy in Washington, DC, or one of several Turkish consulates in various parts of the US. The one you select is the one where you will be booking an appointment to submit your actual application for your student visa. You'll also provide your personal information, passport number, and other information as required. Then, you'll upload scanned copies of the documents above, including your photo. Finally, you'll select an appointment date at the Turkish embassy or consulate that you selected previously. Once you've completed the online application, you can download it and print it. You'll need to take that with you to your appointment. Your Appointment On your appointment day, you'll take the printed copy of your online application, and the hard copies of the above documents with you. You'll meet with a Turkish consular official, who will go over your documents and approve your student visa. Receiving Your Student Visa It will take a few weeks before your student visa is approved. The Turkish embassy or consulate will notify you when it is ready, or tell you when to come back and get it. You will need to leave your passport with them, because the student visa is a stamp which is affixed to one of the pages in your passport. Coming to Turkey When you arrive, show your passport, with the student visa, and the border control official will let you in. After you report to your school, you'll get a briefing on the student residence permit process, and also make a similar online application for that. You should apply for your student residence permit within 30 days after your arrival. See Also Student Residence Permits Turkey Residence Permit Forum: If you need more information, post your questions in our Residence Permits forum. External Links Study in Turkey: From the Turkish government, a good source of information for anyone who wants to come to Turkey for education.
  2. israa

    moving to izmir

    hello... i am israa from middle east, i got a scholarship and am moving to izmir in about a month. the thing is im only 17, soon to be 18 years old. i never lived away from my family, never been to turkey. is izmir a safe place for a girl my age ? i really want to meet people and make friends before i arrive in turkey this scholarship is a great oppertunity but im really scared of going out there in the world alone plus how is the weather there, cold ? , snowy? , warm?
  3. Hi there! My name is Simge and I'm half Greek -half Turkish. I live in Rhodes,Greece but since I got accepted in YAşar university with a scholarship I am moving to Izmir pretty soon. -I should be there by the 10th of September - My aunt lives in izmir and we also own a house of our own there so we visit a lot, but truth is I dont know much about this city. I've hardly been outside balçova therefore I don't know where people my Age hang out ( I'm 18) , where to go , which places are considered "nice" and safe - except for alsançak maybe- and stuff like that. I'm looking for a studio apartment to rent in bornova but we haven't found anything so fAr. Where else could I look for a house? I don't mind if its far from yasar as long as its near the metro line and the neighborhood is considered safe. Also, what do you think about yaşar? Is it a good university ? Any information you can provide me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
  4. Hi there!Are there any members on this site studying at Hacettepe University in Ankara? If so, may I ask you a few questions about your experience studying there?Thanks!
  5. Dear All, Currently I am in Turkey on a student Resident Permit that valid for 3 years "I guess". Recently I decided to buy a vehicle in Istanbul, however; and for some reason, the secondhand cars are way too expensive . So, I have my car back home sitting in the garage is doing nothing and no one is using it. My question is, what has to be done in order to register my car that I will ship in two months? I knew that importing a car is a headache, but I can't afford to buy a car in Turkey since I am a student . Also, I am wondering if there are shipping companies who can handle the shipping and the registration process I am open to any suggestions Cheers, Adie
  • Create New...