Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'student visa'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • COVID-19 Pandemic
  • Citizenship
  • Crime & Safety
  • Documents, Forms & Numbers
  • Driving
  • Government & Law
  • Health & Medicine
  • Living in Turkey
  • Money
  • Residence Permits
    • Residence Permit Application Guides
    • Residence Permit Health Insurance
  • Transportation
  • Telephones & Internet
  • Turkish Language
  • Visas
  • Work Permits


  • Turkey
  • Aegean Region
    • Afyonkarahisar
    • Aydın
    • Denizli
    • İzmir
    • Manisa
    • Muğla
    • Kütahya
    • Uşak
  • East Black Sea Region
    • Artvin
    • Giresun
    • Gümüşhane
    • Ordu
    • Rize
    • Trabzon
  • Central Anatolia Region
    • Aksaray
    • Kayseri
    • Kırıkkale
    • Kırşehir
    • Nevşehir
    • Niğde
    • Sivas
    • Yozgat
  • Central East Anatolia Region
    • Bingöl
    • Bitlis
    • Elazığ
    • Hakkari
    • Malatya
    • Muş
    • Tunceli
    • Van
  • Istanbul Region
    • Bazaar Quarter
    • Beyoğlu
    • Bosphorus
    • Sultahahmet
  • East Marmara Region
    • Bilecik
    • Bolu
    • Bursa
    • Düzce
    • Eskişehir
    • Kocaeli
    • Sakarya
    • Yalova
  • Mediterranean Region
    • Adana
    • Antalya
    • Hatay
    • Mersin
    • Burdur
    • Isparta
    • Kahramanmaraş
    • Osmaniye
  • Northeast Anatolia Region
    • Ağrı
    • Ardahan
    • Bayburt
    • Erzincan
    • Erzurum
    • Iğdır
    • Kars
  • Southeast Anatolia Region
    • Adıyaman
    • Batman
    • Diyarbakır
    • Gaziantep
    • Kilis
    • Mardin
    • Şanlıurfa
    • Şırnak
    • Siirt
  • West Anatolia Region
    • Ankara
    • Konya
    • Karaman
  • West Marmara Region
    • Balıkesir
    • Çanakkale
    • Edirne
    • Kırklareli
    • Tekirdağ
  • West Black Sea Region
    • Amasya
    • Bartın
    • Çankırı
    • Çorum
    • Karabuk
    • Kastamonu
    • Samsun
    • Sinop
    • Tokat
    • Zonguldak


  • About Turkey Central
  • Business Directory
  • Forum Support
  • General Support
  • Photo Gallery Support
  • Quizzes
  • Residence Permit Assistance


  • All About Turkey
    • Turkey Generally
    • Living in Turkey
    • Turkey Travel, Tours, and Activities
    • Turkey Property
    • Turkish Culture, Customs, Politics, and Laws
  • Visas, Permits, and Citizenship
    • Visas
    • Residence Permits
    • Work Visas and Work Permits
    • Citizenship
  • All Around Turkey
    • Adana
    • Alanya
    • Ankara
    • Antalya
    • Bodrum
    • Cappadocia
    • Çeşme
    • Dalyan
    • Didim
    • Fethiye
    • Istanbul
    • Izmir
    • Kaş and Kalkan
    • Kuşadası
    • Marmaris
    • Mersin
    • Side
    • Other Cities
  • Doing Business and Working
    • Doing Business
    • Working
  • The Lounge
    • Quizzes
    • Classified Advertising
    • Anything and Everything
    • About Turkey Central


  • Turkey Videos
  • Turkish Culture
  • Turkish Cuisine
  • Turkish Language
  • City and Town Videos
    • Adana Videos
    • Alanya Videos
    • Antalya Videos
    • Bodrum Videos
    • Cappadocia Videos
    • Çıralı Videos
    • Dalaman Videos
    • Dalyan Videos
    • Datça Videos
    • Denizli Videos
    • Didim Videos
    • Ephesus Videos
    • Eskişehir Videos
    • Fethiye Videos
    • Gallipoli Videos
    • Gökova Videos
    • Içmeler Videos
    • Istanbul Videos
    • Izmir Videos
    • Kalkan Videos
    • Kaş Videos
    • Kekova Videos
    • Köyceğiz Videos
    • Kuşadası Videos
    • Marmaris Videos
    • Mersin Videos
    • Muğla Videos
    • Ordu Videos
    • Pamukkale and Hierapolis Videos
    • Side Videos
  • Residence Permits
  • Turkish Films with Turkish Subtitles
  • Other Videos


  • Turkey
  • General Knowledge
  • Animals
  • Classic Literature
  • Drinks
  • Food
  • Geography
  • History
  • Music
  • Science
  • Sports and Games
  • Technology


  • Turkey News
  • Foreign News
  • COVID-19 Pandemic News

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL






Found 1 result

  1. You can get a student visa only after you've received a letter of acceptance from an accredited school or university in Turkey. Once you've received your letter of acceptance, you can apply for your student visa at the local Turkish embassy or consulate. When your student visa is ready, you can pick it up and use it to travel to Turkey. Then you can enroll at your school or university and apply for your student residence permit. How to Get a Student Visa and Use it to Go to Turkey 1. Find an accredited school or university you want to attend and apply to become a student. Use the internet to search for a school or university you might want to attend. You can also use the Wikipedia list of Turkish universities, here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_universities_in_Turkey. Visit the websites of the schools and apply according to their instructions. 2. Receive a letter of acceptance from the school or university. The letter of acceptance is the main document that will allow you to get a student visa to travel to Turkey. You'll also receive a new student orientation package and instructions for getting your student visa. 3. Collect the documents for your student visa application package. Your school will tell you what you need, but they'll most likely include: Student certificate or acceptance letter from the school you will be attending Passport, with an expiration date at least 60 days beyond your duration of stay Biometric photo Letter from your parents or legal guardian giving you the authorization to travel and study in Turkey (if you're under 18 years of age) A statement saying that you'll have enough money to live on while studying in Turkey 4. Make an appointment at a Turkish embassy or consulate. You can make an appointment at any Turkish embassy or consulate, anywhere in the world, at https://www.konsolosluk.gov.tr/. The site is available in Turkish, English, French, and Arabic. How to Make an Appointment at a Turkish Embassy or Consulate to Apply for Your Student Visa 1. Select the embassy or consulate you'll be going to when you bring your documents to apply in person. 2. Enter your name, passport number, and other information as required. 3. Upload scanned copies of the documents above, including your photo. 4. Choose an appointment date at the Turkish embassy or consulate that you selected previously. Once you've completed the online application, you can download it and print it. You'll take that with you when you go to your appointment. 5. Go to your appointment with your acceptance letter and other documents. A consular officer will check to make sure you have all of the required documents, then tell you when you can expect your student visa to be ready for pickup. They'll either notify you when it's ready or give you a date to come back. 6. Return to the Turkish embassy or consulate and pick up your student visa. Your student visa will be a durable sticker placed permanently onto one of the pages in your passport. It's valid for 180 days and allows you to enter Turkey one time. 7. Travel to Turkey using your student visa. To enter Turkey, you'll only need your passport. It will have your student visa glued to one of the pages. 8. Formally enroll in your school or university. Report to your school's foreign student affairs office and formally enroll. They'll give you an enrollment document and, if you're in a dormitory, a document to show the immigration officials that you have an address. 9. Apply for your student residence permit. Some universities are authorized to issue student residence permits. For others, you'll need to make an online appointment with the Göç İdaresi Genel Müdürlüğü (Directorate General of Migration Management). After that, you'll take a second package of documents to apply for your student residence permit. Your student affairs office will help you with your student residence permit application. To learn how to apply for your student residence permit, see: A Complete Guide to Applying for a Student Residence Permit. Ken Grubb As a special investigator for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and teacher for the University of Maryland, Ken Grubb has lived and worked in Turkey since 1997. He now lives in Antalya, where he researches and writes guides to help others live skillfully in Turkey.
  • Create New...